• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I got one...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I got one..."

Collapse

• Scoobos
    replied
    That means having to go out, the only grinder I've got is for a nasty habit I picked up in the Caribbean.

lol @ real people , btw .

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    I got mine after a 2 week wait, which is ok, they are offering us another slot for 2 weeks time tomorrow, for us at least it's working well. (ASDA, not my usual choice).

Lots of subs tho and a surprising lack of any kind of sausage?

Going to be annoying grinding down all those fookin coffee beans with a mortar and pestle tho, since they've subbed kilos of ground!
    Or get a grinder? Then you can tinker with how fine the grind is and potentially get a better tasting cuppa.

Or... take the plunge and get a proper bean to cup coffee machine like real people have.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    I got mine after a 2 week wait, which is ok, they are offering us another slot for 2 weeks time tomorrow, for us at least it's working well. (ASDA, not my usual choice).

Lots of subs tho and a surprising lack of any kind of sausage?

Going to be annoying grinding down all those fookin coffee beans with a mortar and pestle tho, since they've subbed kilos of ground!

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Quick question regarding Asda Click and Collect - do I need to take my own bags or is the shopping already packed? If I bring my own bags do they go off and pack it and bring it out to the car?

Ta - not done this before.
    We haven't tried it yet but, from what we've heard, they bring it to the car already in bags.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Quick question regarding Asda Click and Collect - do I need to take my own bags or is the shopping already packed? If I bring my own bags do they go off and pack it and bring it out to the car?

Ta - not done this before.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Sorry if I over reacted! I'm a bit sleep deprived
    Use another supermarket.

I have to use Asda as they have sorted themselves out.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Maybe the vulnerable, home bound are starving to death because able fit bodied people can't be bothered to go to the supermarket but are instead using up all the slots in the delivery mechanism, just a thought you know...
    I have to say, I am in two minds over this.

1. Yes, absolutely, keep deliveries for thems that can't get out. Totally on board with that in principle.

2. Going out presents a risk of me catching the virus and goes against the guidance of don't go out. I know shopping is exempt but it's not risk free.

Living on my own I have to hope that I don't catch anything and, if I do, I remain with it enough to know when I need hospitalisation. I am not in a high risk group but I don't want to be one of the statistical anomalies that gets the Daily Fail all frothy mouthed.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I hope that is not aimed at me. I cant leave the house as my terminally ill husband needs constant care. He has Motor Neurone Disease. Be thankful that you dont.

Thanks for correcting me. I thought it was the guinea pigs who were terminally ill.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Strangely enough, that's the one thing I'm not since this all started. Keep having naps in the afternoon and sleeping for a good 8 hours a night

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    You're the type of person that should be prioritised for home delivery, not a fit family of four and I hope you're getting home delivery

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I hope that is not aimed at me. I cant leave the house as my terminally ill husband needs constant care. He has Motor Neurone Disease. Be thankful that you dont.
    You're the type of person that should be prioritised for home delivery, not a fit family of four and I hope you're getting home delivery

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I thought it was great having a milkman who delivers a variety of stuff but today got a revised, much shorter list, with next to nothing I'd want. No cream!!! I can't survive without my raspberries and cream.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I don't think it would be, the opposite, actually

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Maybe the vulnerable, home bound are starving to death because able fit bodied people can't be bothered to go to the supermarket but are instead using up all the slots in the delivery mechanism, just a thought you know...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X