• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "There was an old woman from Devizes"

Collapse

• Martin Bank Holiday
    replied
    Oh, I'll never get a scrumpy here
    No, I'll never get a nice mild beer
    Give me England every time, my dear
    'Cos you never get surprises livin' in Devizes
    However hard I bloomin' try
    Seems I'll never get a hot meat pie
    In old Somerset's where I'll die
    When I die.....

I don't know if those lyrics are from the pen of the late, great Adge Cutler or are the work of a later incarnation pf the band, AKA 2 jocks and a brummie. I suspect the latter because they don't seem to know that Devizes is in Wiltshire :
    Last edited by Martin Bank Holiday; 8 February 2020, 03:10.

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Like Prince Philip, once they get to a certain age they should have the courage to know when it's time to hand their licence in.

Chauffeurs will be their saviour for their mobility, if those mobility scooters don't quite do it for them, can't come soon enough. Though not too soon or they will be killing more people than the old duffers.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Apparently it was the Safeway carpark at the time, in 2004.

Though that's according to Wales on line which has just informed me of armed officers in St. Helen's Road after an assault in an ongoing incident.

Said incident happened in April 2019.
    That's what happens when you live in a rift in the space-time continuum!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Apparently it was the Safeway carpark at the time, in 2004.

Though that's according to Wales on line which has just informed me of armed officers in St. Helen's Road after an assault in an ongoing incident.

Said incident happened in April 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Ah, that's not the Morrison's car park I was thinking of. As you were.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Where did this happen? Morrison's car park? That's strange for Morrison's car park. In fact, I've never heard it know with Morrison's car park. Btw, is there a special prize for the most mentions of Morrison's car park in one thread? Specifically if the thread isn't actually about Morrison's car park? TBH JTB, you should be buried beneath Morrison's car park. Which Morrison's car park are we talking about?
    Heart-attack driver in car park crash - Wales Online

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    I'm more concerned about the car park!
    The carpark in question was unharmed despite being taken over by the EuroCarParks Parking Nazis.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mabs J The Chaffinch View Post
    In Devizes there is an interesting plaque.

It marks the spot in the market where an unscrupulous old crone was spontaneously struck down dead after issuing the words “may the Lord strike me down if I tell a lie” to an unhappy punter who felt he’d been shortchanged.
    Did she reverse her car into it?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Where did this happen? Morrison's car park? That's strange for Morrison's car park. In fact, I've never heard it know with Morrison's car park. Btw, is there a special prize for the most mentions of Morrison's car park in one thread? Specifically if the thread isn't actually about Morrison's car park? TBH JTB, you should be buried beneath Morrison's car park. Which Morrison's car park are we talking about?
    Ah crap, that made me laugh so much and I can't rep you for it either.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I'm offended the gender of said married pensioners has become the crux of this story. Disgraceful.
    I'm more concerned about the car park!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    two husband and wife pensioners were killed at my local Morrison's car park. Apparently their car had hit the wall with such force to kill them both. Seems a little strange to me given the layout of the car park, as it would take some doing to get up the speed to cause that much damage. Not much comment in the local press about it too. Just a stark report that two pensioners had been killed in Morrison's car park.
    I'm offended the gender of said married pensioners has become the crux of this story. Disgraceful.

Leave a comment:

• Mabs J The Chaffinch
    replied
    Did You Know?

In Devizes there is an interesting plaque.

It marks the spot in the market where an unscrupulous old crone was spontaneously struck down dead after issuing the words “may the Lord strike me down if I tell a lie” to an unhappy punter who felt he’d been shortchanged.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    two husband and wife pensioners were killed at my local Morrison's car park. Apparently their car had hit the wall with such force to kill them both. Seems a little strange to me given the layout of the car park, as it would take some doing to get up the speed to cause that much damage. Not much comment in the local press about it too. Just a stark report that two pensioners had been killed in Morrison's car park.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Flippin’ heck, she must have really stomped on the accelerator to lose the passenger door and get it wedged that hard.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    The peril of gravel driveways perhaps. Needs more finesse than tarmac.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X