• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "First post Brexit budget"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    unlimited immigration to stop business leaving for France (joke)
    Total alignment with the EU to keep the remoaners happy
    Dame Greta
    tears of lefties to drive hydro electric power stations.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Bank Holiday View Post
    When Boris was running for the leadership, he was talking about abolishing stamp duty. I nearly put off my house purchase. Glad I didnt....
    They’ll split it to make it fair: both buyer and seller will pay 75% of the current amount due...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They will probably nuke ER.
    Increase in div tax.

A grand or two increase in Employer NIC allowance (which will most certainly exclude PSCs).

So big tax increases as usual under the guise that it would have been much worse under Labour - sadly that would be true.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Bank Holiday
    replied
    When Boris was running for the leadership, he was talking about abolishing stamp duty. I nearly put off my house purchase. Glad I didnt....

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    and HP sauce.
    shed loads of it!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Sausages. Many sausages. Maybe some bacon too.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Hopefully a 10% increase on income tax.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    thoughts on what will be in it?

there must be a fighting chance IR35 will get killed?

some other wizzo stuff, like VAT off tampons little doubt

what else?
    Nope IR35 will be here until hell freezes over. It's essential that everything possible is done to keep Employer NI receipts at current levels or higher.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    started a topic First post Brexit budget

First post Brexit budget

thoughts on what will be in it?

there must be a fighting chance IR35 will get killed?

some other wizzo stuff, like VAT off tampons little doubt

what else?

Working...
X