• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you currently looking for a contract?"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, anyone?
    I have that. I don't think it has ever got me any work though.

Given that the number of people with this are relatively small I haven't found it to be widely recognised.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    Thought I'd well and truly blown the interview when I admitted not being too familiar with XSLT, but obviously they let that go.
    Was XSLT relevant then?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by bobsmithldn
    Yes/No.
    Was, but have bagged a contract in White City starting next monday.

(Thought I'd well and truly blown the interview when I admitted not being too familiar with XSLT, but obviously they let that go.)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    “The contract and permanent market will remain strong with demand up going into 2007”, said Dave Pye, managing director of Spring UK, and spokesman for the Recruitment & Employment Confederation’s IT & Comms Sector Group.

“It is expected that there will continue to be skill shortages especially for the higher end roles such as project and programme management, business analysts, system testers and niche skills such as ERP.”

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    I havent given out my new phone number to agencies. This contract I got direct, and now I have enough contacts to find work direct, or I simply paste the agents (job ad) description of the company into google, 9 times out of ten it gives you the company!
    Ooh - nice one, must give that a go...

No. But it finishes in March and an ex-boss has asked me when I'm available. I've got a few bits and bobs to do* so I'll probably work for him from mid-April...

This is the life...

*me training people, people training me.

ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, anyone?
    Last edited by cojak; 15 January 2007, 21:58.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I havent given out my new phone number to agencies. This contract I got direct, and now I have enough contacts to find work direct, or I simply paste the agents (job ad) description of the company into google, 9 times out of ten it gives you the company!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by marcus2704
    No.
    Just tick the box

Leave a comment:

• marcus2704
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    god snap again.......now I only get calls from the ones who called 6 months aogo saying are you back in the market for a new contract, you said this is when your contract ends!!!!
    yeah i still get other calls from agents who I spoke to over 6 months ago now, failed to place me or in the case of one didn't find anything suitable at all but still want to place me in the future.

There are some genuine agents out there who do keep a list of contracts they think will earn them money and try not to p*ss them off. Clearly spotted by the fact they never ask for references, details of where i've worked, or where i'm working now

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet
    Not looking for a contract as i'm already handling 1 major long term contract

although I do have a couple of leads which i'm pumping for other smaller pieces of work. These would be direct rather than via a pimp.

I actually ended up having to take my CV off the job sites as I was getting pestered daily by agencys. Ok 90% of them were probably fishing for leads () but there must have been some genuine contracts in there.
    god snap again.......now I only get calls from the ones who called 6 months aogo saying are you back in the market for a new contract, you said this is when your contract ends!!!!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Cactus
    I'm not looking for a contract, but keep a close eye on what is being advertised and rates paid. I have no intension of ending this contract early so there's no point in applying for anything until at least 2-3 weeks before it's due to end.

Sometimes its nice to find out exactly what the rates that are being paid (on adverts that don't specify).
    snap

Leave a comment:

• Picolo
    replied
    Got to keep looking mate. That's the way to do it!!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Not looking for a contract as i'm already handling 1 major long term contract

although I do have a couple of leads which i'm pumping for other smaller pieces of work. These would be direct rather than via a pimp.

I actually ended up having to take my CV off the job sites as I was getting pestered daily by agencys. Ok 90% of them were probably fishing for leads () but there must have been some genuine contracts in there.
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 15 January 2007, 14:42.

Leave a comment:

• Cactus
    replied
    I'm not looking for a contract, but keep a close eye on what is being advertised and rates paid. I have no intension of ending this contract early so there's no point in applying for anything until at least 2-3 weeks before it's due to end.

Sometimes its nice to find out exactly what the rates that are being paid (on adverts that don't specify).

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Not actively looking as I've just been extended but always keep feelers out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X