• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tjhe autism defence"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The Irish are still trying to understand the kilo.
    They understand how to serve a great pint!

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    Grandfather’s rights

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Apparently not according to the gov site.

We s also have different regs to you young pups according to that.
    Indeed we do.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The Irish are still trying to understand the kilo.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    Actually thinking about it, if he thought he sat a test in northern Ireland then why did he need to apply to have the hgv part added to his 'UK' licence? It's the same licence is it not?
    Apparently not according to the gov site.

We s also have different regs to you young pups according to that.

Leave a comment:

• KinooOrKinog
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Not really - as I say, you can drive something that's 3.5t on a car license. The C1 gets you up to 7.5t and then you need a C (the old Class 2) license to go above that.

3.5t is basically a van. In fact, you need a C1 license to drive most ambulances in the UK. Most actual trucks require a C license which is >7.5t
    Does it really matter whether an hgv is 3.5 or 7.5? The fact is he had a fake hgv licence so I suppose it's safe to assume he had therefore been driving an hgv without a licence.
    Actually thinking about it, if he thought he sat a test in northern Ireland then why did he need to apply to have the hgv part added to his 'UK' licence? It's the same licence is it not?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    He faked a HGV licence. That is 3.5 tonne.
    Not really - as I say, you can drive something that's 3.5t on a car license. The C1 gets you up to 7.5t and then you need a C (the old Class 2) license to go above that.

3.5t is basically a van. In fact, you need a C1 license to drive most ambulances in the UK. Most actual trucks require a C license which is >7.5t

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    There is an increased level of regulation on HGV because it is a 3.5 tonne object.
    Hgv is 7.5 tonne not 3.5

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    That's still a non sequitur. I also want people who drive trucks* without the correct licensing. I'm asking, given the facts, what the public gains from further pushing the case against Martin - you seem to be answering why we have laws and regs.

*I dunno if the use of 3.5t is meant to make you sound smart, but just FYI 3.5t is the upper limit of the standard car (B) license. To go over, you just need the C1 license which takes you up to 7.5t, or the full C which takes you up to whatever (44t as standard, higher if your firm has the correct licenses)
    He faked a HGV licence. That is 3.5 tonne.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The article doesn't really make sense to me. It says he believed he had sat a test in northern Ireland. Surely he had to apply for a test date, then attend a test centre to sit the test. Is it saying someone conned him into thinking he had done that when he hadn't & then issued him with a fake license? For what gain?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I would apologise for spelling mistake in title. But I am autistic so can do what I want when I want to! Suck it up losers......

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    If your question is..

"What public interest would there be in pursuing this case against Guy"

… I want to know that people driving 3.5 lorries next to my family car are vetted.
    That's still a non sequitur. I also want people who drive trucks* without the correct licensing. I'm asking, given the facts, what the public gains from further pushing the case against Martin - you seem to be answering why we have laws and regs.

*I dunno if the use of 3.5t is meant to make you sound smart, but just FYI 3.5t is the upper limit of the standard car (B) license. To go over, you just need the C1 license which takes you up to 7.5t, or the full C which takes you up to whatever (44t as standard, higher if your firm has the correct licenses)

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The article doesn't really make sense to me. It says he believed he had sat a test in northern Ireland. Surely he had to apply for a test date, then attend a test centre to sit the test. Is it saying someone conned him into thinking he had done that when he hadn't & then issued him with a fake license? For what gain?
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• KinooOrKinog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    That isn't an answer to the question I asked.
    If your question is..

"What public interest would there be in pursuing this case against Guy"

… I want to know that people driving 3.5 lorries next to my family car are vetted.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X