• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas dinner plans"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post

Never been a big turkey fan, always find it quite dry (could be the way we cook it tbh).

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The usual for me.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Xmas dinner being cooked by me for my family and the In laws, the usual turkey and all the trimmings.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    just two of us this year, so turkey crown and the usual surroundings.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    replied
    Had Christmas dinner No 1 with the in laws this Saturday just gone (leg of lamb with all the usual trimmings)
    has Christmas dinner No 2 with friends the day after (roast chicken with all the usual trimmings)

Christmas Dinner No 3 on Christmas day with my Mrs MU, my daughter and my mum (probable a roast chicken as well).

Never been a big turkey fan, always find it quite dry (could be the way we cook it tbh).

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Over the past few years we've been having Xmas dinner on Christmas Eve, that way we can all chill on Xmas day.

Works well for us.
    That's the way it's done in Europe... You're no Brexiter. You're a Europhile Remainer! Crucify him!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Over the past few years we've been having Xmas dinner on Christmas Eve, that way we can all chill on Xmas day.

Works well for us.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Because he is better in bed?
    That's true.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    No. Just not dried fruit fans.

eating fruit cake would be cannibalism for you?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

Why do women always compare their life to the local millionaire?

Because he is better in bed?

Leave a comment:

• mb31
    replied
    The long lead items in our house are the popular toys that sell out. Father Christmas is on the critical path. The food tends to be just in time thing.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    We're doing this. But for not professionally competency, but so my son and his family can join us.
    Actually I was trying to sound as though any project manager had any management power, any ability to influence events. As with you, my actual rationale is like yours but nevertheless at the very core of project management: "My project is totally on time but we will have to delay due to an unavoidable dependency on another project that unfortunately cannot meet our deadlines"

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    They don't.
    when married to the local millionaire.

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    We could easily go live on Christmas Day but in order to look professionally competent, and to justify our very existence, we had a meeting and agreed to put back Christmas Dinner to Boxing Day.
    We're doing this. But for not professionally competency, but so my son and his family can join us.

For Christmas Day, we'll be having bánh cuốn for lunch (dinner)

and home-made pizza for dinner (tea).

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    8Kg turkey ordered from the local family butcher.

I'll be doing all the cooking, as I do every year while the wife moans about not holidaying in the Carribean.

Why do women always compare their life to the local millionaire?
    They don't.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Mythical Christmas Dinner

My whole career in project management confirmed the basic truth in Fred Brooks' Mythical Man-Month - projects most often fail due to a shortage of real time.

We could easily go live on Christmas Day but in order to look professionally competent, and to justify our very existence, we had a meeting and agreed to put back Christmas Dinner to Boxing Day.

Because of the imminent collapse of the UK Economy (due to Brexit), we will swerve on the Pink Bollinger and make do with Sparkling Pinot Grigio and Cremant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X