• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What I want from this hugely popular Tory govt"

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Yeah, but look, it's 18 months past its Use By date. No wonder it's gone manky
    Don't let facts get in the way!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Australian Chicken, tasty!
    Yeah, but look, it's 18 months past its Use By date. No wonder it's gone manky

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    indeed nothing to be worried about...

..enjoy
    Australian Chicken, tasty!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Oh right, get it now. It's modern humour - just like the old kind but without the funny bits.

Or, as the brighter amongst us call it, simply bollocks.

That made me night dat did.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    We caught one!

Oh right, get it now. It's modern humour - just like the old kind but without the funny bits.

Or, as the brighter amongst us call it, simply bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    In a long history of stupid posts, that has to be up there. Thanks for the Monday morning humour though!

We caught one!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Enforce IR35 legislation and stop pretend employees dodging tax.

Why should a 1-man Ltd company enjoy the benefits of the NHS when I as a full time employee must pay full NI contributions?? Simply not fair.
    In a long history of stupid posts, that has to be up there. Thanks for the Monday morning humour though!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Enforce IR35 legislation and stop pretend employees dodging tax.

Why should a 1-man Ltd company enjoy the benefits of the NHS when I as a full time employee must pay full NI contributions?? Simply not fair.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

..enjoy
    Neither informative nor helpful. Nor relevant, especially as the chlorine wash is external and wouldn't impact that scenario anyway. How was it being stored? No, don't bother, I'm not interested.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Of course, you are quite correct. I'd completely forgotten about the Illuminati...

..enjoy

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    You will be, look at Australia. They changed their regulations on drug patents to get the trade deal. As a result they could no longer import cheap generic drugs.

That's how trade deals work. China will be forced to introduce new laws to get their deal with Trump as will the UK.

The US won't stand for a deal where UK consumers simply don't buy US products because of strict labelling rules. US Chickens will have Union Jacks printed all over them, they will be sold to shell companies in the UK and be labelled "UK sourced".

The UK will be forced to change its laws and you will not be able to choose your chicken. US producers are not fools, they will obfuscate so you have no idea who "made" your chicken

Either the UK will be tied to the EU as a defacto member or it will need to change to adapt to the US.

After Australia signed its deal with the US, US exports went down and US imports went up.
    Of course, you are quite correct. I'd completely forgotten about the Illuminati...

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    You will be, look at Australia. They changed their regulations on drug patents to get the trade deal. As a result they could no longer import cheap generic drugs.

That's how trade deals work. China will be forced to introduce new laws to get their deal with Trump as will the UK.

The US won't stand for a deal where UK consumers simply don't buy US products because of strict labelling rules. US Chickens will have Union Jacks printed all over them, they will be sold to shell companies in the UK and be labelled "UK sourced".

The UK will be forced to change its laws and you will not be able to choose your chicken. US producers are not fools, they will obfuscate so you have no idea who "made" your chicken

Either the UK will be tied to the EU as a defacto member or it will need to change to adapt to the US.

After Australia signed its deal with the US, US exports went down and US imports went up.
    Who really cares ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You mean those Brits on minimum wage or less, that have been ignored by the Tories for years, that rely on food banks? Yeah, I'm sure they'll enjoy their uk-sourced organic chicken. Do you think they'll get it from Waitrose or M&S?
    No, obviously, because they won't be cooking supremes al lá grecque, but sticking to McDs...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You mean those Brits on minimum wage or less, that have been ignored by the Tories for years, that rely on food banks? Yeah, I'm sure they'll enjoy their uk-sourced organic chicken. Do you think they'll get it from Waitrose or M&S?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Australia signed a trade deal with the US in 2005. Obviously regulations needed to be aligned.

Straight in the bin: Mother's horror after noticing her Coles chicken is GREEN - but the supermarket chain says there's nothing wrong with it

A mother's roast dinner came to an abrupt end after she discovered that her Coles-bought chicken was green inside.

Perth woman Lisa Wood was enjoying a meal with her four-year-old daughter on Tuesday night when she noticed the BBQ chicken they had been eating was discoloured.

Ms Wood posted a photo of the chicken to Coles' Facebook page, saying she felt sick after the discovery and had thrown the chicken straight in the bin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X