• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Laptop bag recommendations"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I wouldn't normally agree with the resident gimp, but on this occasion he's spot on with B&R. And it's a bit cheaper if you buy it through the company...
    Also agree with sasgimp.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It goes under prostitutes and cocaine, client entertainment
    The good old days before inside IR35

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by frustin View Post
    Please can you tell me: can you expense laptop bags? what under?
    Same rules as always apply. Is it wholly and exclusively for business?
    I’d put it as office equipment or computer hardware. Then my accountant would correct it.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    It goes under prostitutes and cocaine, client entertainment

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    under 'sex toys' what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• frustin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    For the discerning customer...

Home Mishnoc - Mishnoc

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I'm toying between:

Heritage Leather Men's Satchel Bag | Pad & Quill

and

Attache Mens Leather Laptop Bag | Pad & Quill

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I know most people on this "contractors" forum are permie losers but seriously why ask for recommendations if you can only afford cheap stuff?
    I would recommend Briggs and Riley backpacks, but if you're a loser use a Tesco carrier bag like Dim does.
    I wouldn't normally agree with the resident gimp, but on this occasion he's spot on with B&R. And it's a bit cheaper if you buy it through the company...

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    I have a Lenovo X1 which AFAIK is not waterproof or has any useful IP rating. I also carry a pad or some documents from time to time which I dont want getting wet.
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    What laptop have you got? The water resistance bit puzzled me.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Much how I'd like a lovely leather back-pack for my 3K laptop buying an expensive bag seems like a fool's errand in that you are likely to attract thieves.

I tend to pick mid-range fabric bags that are more discrete and just replace them regularly. Also doesn't wind-up the permies that you are the loaded contractor, whereas having the hardware you need for the job is a given.
    Nowadays I have little interest in keeping the permies happy - I go in tell them how to do their job properly, extract the large fee and leave them to it.

A decent suit / clothes and a good laptop bag / briefcase are part of the necessary ensemble. Also a car that says money but won't upset the finance director.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    That reminds me, need to bleed the radiators. First time in the new house (been here nearly a year) so exciting times.
    Always worth wearing the gladiator outfit if the first time.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    I am in the same position, in that the latest laptop is somewhat smaller, therefore requiring a smaller bag.

You could use this opportunity to learn a new skill & make your own.

That’s my current project, I have all the parts cut, punched & dyed, just waiting for delivery of some more lining material so I can sew it all together

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Much how I'd like a lovely leather back-pack for my 3K laptop buying an expensive bag seems like a fool's errand in that you are likely to attract thieves.

I tend to pick mid-range fabric bags that are more discrete and just replace them regularly. Also doesn't wind-up the permies that you are the loaded contractor, whereas having the hardware you need for the job is a given.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    So I'm looking for something that'll fit my 14" laptop, is super lightweight, tough wearing and has some water resistance, but dont want to break the bank either.
    What laptop have you got? The water resistance bit puzzled me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X