• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Friday 13th

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friday 13th"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I "got" the reference - I've seen Vincent Price in "Theatre of Blood" I'll have you know!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post

not a shakespearian then eh?
    I "got" the reference - I've seen Vincent Price in "Theatre of Blood" I'll have you know!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You've been away a while! Nice to see you back.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I used to buy tents when I saw them on sale cheap in charity shops, thinking they wouldn't turn up very often.

But then I read that each year about 100,000 tents are abandoned by people leaving the Glastonbury Festival (*).

So discount tents are probably nothing to get very excited about, unless you insist on a brand new one.

(*) There must be a huge twenty mile wide "tent gyre" swilling around in the Pacific by now.

not a shakespearian then eh?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

But then I read that each year about 100,000 tents are abandoned by people leaving the Glastonbury Festival (*).
    Yeah, that'll be the "Save the Planet" crowd. Not to worry though, they'll just buy new ones before they "Take back the streets" and bring the major cities to a gridlocked standstill in order to "Thunberg" the beejezus out of the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Blacks got a sale on then?

'now is the winter of our discount tents'

I used to buy tents when I saw them on sale cheap in charity shops, thinking they wouldn't turn up very often.

So discount tents are probably nothing to get very excited about, unless you insist on a brand new one.

(*) There must be a huge twenty mile wide "tent gyre" swilling around in the Pacific by now.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    You've been away a while! Nice to see you back.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    As ever my deluded crustacean you are wrong.
    Punk was the 70’s – from 77 to around 79/80
    The 80’s was pure pish musically
    ftfy
    Really? You think all 80's music is pish? 80's was diverse when it comes to music genre, even someone as grey and dim as you must have liked something ....

New Wave
    New romantics
    Electro
    Indie
    Madchester
    Hair Rock
    Metal
    Thrash Metal
    Goth
    The Macc Lads

to name a few ....

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    The 80’s was pure pish musically
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Sod off! 80's was my era. Yuppies, Loads a money, Thatcher, New Romantics, Punk, best fashion, wonderful time.
    The 80’s was new wave.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I thought that was the 80's?

1970s fashion - Google Search

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Indeed.

Btw, any truth in the rumour that Admin and Sasguru are one and the same?
    Oh its definite! So if anyone wants their chance to slap sasguru, just slap admin on the day.

And based on new expected turnout, I will book the Manchester Arena.....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by CUK F**ktard View Post
    Lets just hope no CUK f**ktard arranges a CUK meet for a Friday the 13th....
    Indeed.

Btw, any truth in the rumour that Admin and Sasguru are one and the same?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Lets just hope no CUK f***ktard arranges a CUK meet for a FRiday the 13th....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I thought that was the 80's?
    Sod off! 80's was my era. Yuppies, Loads a money, Thatcher, New Romantics, Punk, best fashion, wonderful time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X