• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: FactcheckUK

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "FactcheckUK"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I find it surprising that someone who spends a lot of time posting in General can't see the game here.
    You find lots of things surprising though.

It stems from your being such a dreary one-dimensional winkspangle.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    That Twitter handle is very easily confused with MF's.

ouch

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    That Twitter handle is very easily confused with MF's.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I find it surprising that someone who spends a lot of time posting in General can't see the game here.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    It won't make any difference though.

You'd need something on the scale of BoJo being found out as a "kiddy killing paedo" for the Tories to lose.
    This.

A significant number of people now readily and wilfully have their opinions dictated to them by the people they have already decided to vote for (based on an entrenched position), rather than having their own opinions and then using that when deciding who to vote for.

And that's on all sides.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 20 November 2019, 12:23.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    And when have a contender for post of the week.....

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Then you are an idiot or a liar.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Is every deliberate lie, deliberate mislead and scam they try to pull OK in your book, cause they’re just another joke?

£350million? Not a lie, a wind up.
    Easiest deal in history? A wind up.
    Getting rid of 20,500 cops then claiming to be taking on 20,000? A wind up.
    Getting Brexit done? A wind up.
    I believe a high court judge said this was a valid figure.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Fact Hunt UK on Twitter: "We are not affiliated with the @Conservatives or @CCHQPress #Honest #factcheckUK"

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    I'm not lying about anything. I just pointed out that the £350m claim had been taken to court and was dismissed.

Here's a different article on the ruling Judges Rule Boris Was Right, GBP350 Million a Week Acceptable as Gross Figure - Guido Fawkes
    You were lying saying it was not a lie. It was (and still is) a lie

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    I'm not lying about anything. I just pointed out that the £350m claim had been taken to court and was dismissed.

Here's a different article on the ruling Judges Rule Boris Was Right, GBP350 Million a Week Acceptable as Gross Figure - Guido Fawkes

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    That was taken to court and the case dismissed. It wasn't found to be a lie.
    You're lying about a lie

The court said that lying is not an offence and that it is usual in politics.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...KxuhWo7qVpLDXh

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    £350million? Not a lie, a wind up.
    That was taken to court and the case dismissed. It wasn't found to be a lie.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    You misspelled “and”.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I don't know how they were misleading anyone. There is no FactCheckUK and the branding and the bio still had CCHQ on it.

It's clearly wind up and the people crying about it won't be voting tory anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X