• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why get an electric car to save the planet?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Having met one of the Mrs BPs(on numerous occasions), I found her to be charming, pleasant, witty and intelligent. Perhaps the problem lies elswhere...
    She said you were even more obnoxious, boring and dull than me. She has written to the pope suggesting a sainthood for your good wife.....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    what do you call a group of ex Mrs BP's?

A herd....
    Having met one of the Mrs BPs(on numerous occasions), I found her to be charming, pleasant, witty and intelligent. Perhaps the problem lies elswhere...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ex-mrs-bp? Plenty of those....

what do you call a group of ex Mrs BP's?

A herd....

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    since i've been persuaded to 'un-retire' i'm seriously thinking of getting one of these with the extra wonga, which i don't really need.

Zero DS 7.2 11kw / Zero DSR 14.4 | UK Premier Zero Motorcycle Dealer

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Isn't the bigger issue with cars the emissions in cities, rather than the amount of fossil fuels used to produce and run the vehicles? Obviously we need to sort out the latter, but in the short term, due to consecutive government policies of pushing diesel cars, we need to sort that out asap.

I have 2 diesel vehicles, so I'm as guilty as the next 2 men

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    My combined vehicle age is 102 years.
    My combined CC for them is 13.92 litres
    My combined cylinder count is 26
    All petrol
    All run perfectly
    3 cars
    3 bikes
    4 4-strokes
    2 2-strokes

More eco-friendly than 1 new Nissan Leaf

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    I've had the same RAV4 for 11 years and hope to keep it for another 10.

Got no metrics on this but I can't help feeling that the environmental footprint of making a brand new car with or without eco friendly technology is overall much greater than hanging on to your slightly less envronmentally friendly vehicle for years - just like folks always used to.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    To refresh you have to kill a cow.
    ex-mrs-bp? Plenty of those....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Perhaps limit people to x amount of miles a year or quota emissions for all cars. You have x amount of emissions in your emissions wallet. To refresh you have to plant a tree or kill a cow.
    I'll go for the cow. Medium rare, please...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Perhaps limit people to x amount of miles a year or quota emissions for all cars. You have x amount of emissions in your emissions wallet. To refresh you have to plant a tree or kill a cow.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm so concerned about Climate Change I've ordered a new electric car for the school run.

Rivian
    That tent doesn't look all that aerodynamic

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I'm so concerned about Climate Change I've ordered a new electric car for the school run.

Rivian

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic Why get an electric car to save the planet?

Why get an electric car to save the planet?

Growing demand for SUVs 'could negate electric car benefits' | Environment | The Guardian

Not much point unless SUVs are banned?

Working...
X