• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A client who likes to know past manager names?"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Just had a call from an agent to say RBOS are looking for some python developers at their offices near High Holborn, and I look like an ideal fit.

The rate sounds good, at least £600 per day he said, but it seems they like as much detail as possible about applicants' previous contracts, and curiously that includes past manager names.

I explained that my policy is to provide references only once an offer is made, but he was adamant that RBOS are less likely to look favourably on a candidate if they don't know who they worked for in several previous contracts.

Anyone contracted or still at RBOS? Are they likely to be looking for python contractors at the moment?

TBH it's pretty obvious this is just blatant fishing for leads, especially as one of the skills they are looking for is not on my CV.

Maybe I'll just make up a few names, or swap names from different clients.
    They just want a laugh at the expense of anyone who has previously hired you.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Unfortunately, I have a non disclosure agreement with my previous clients preventing me from disclosing named contacts on any engagement. I'm sure that RBS would admire that principal since they know that you're not going to disclose anything from the project to future agents or clients.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Mike Hunt and Hugh Jardon spring to mind.
    That's handy - Hugh Jardon is registered on CUK, so I'll PM him ..

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Give them the name of your former agents. Always good for a laugh.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Ben Dover

C Lion - with the phone number of London Zoo....

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    Just give them pimp at agency names

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    John Thomas is my go to guy

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    You do realise you said that out loud...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Chris Peacock is a reliable chap
    Keep your mucky fantasies to yourself...

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    John Thomas is my go to guy

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Mike Hunt and Hugh Jardon spring to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    His brother Drew Peacock has always helped me. And his sister Helena Handbasket.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You can borrow a couple of mine: Rick O'Shea & Theresa Green. I can't promise a decent reference, but your pimp might just get the message...eventually...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Just had a call from an agent to say RBOS are looking for some python developers at their offices near High Holborn, and I look like an ideal fit.

The rate sounds good, at least £600 per day he said, but it seems they like as much detail as possible about applicants' previous contracts, and curiously that includes past manager names.

I explained that my policy is to provide references only once an offer is made, but he was adamant that RBOS are less likely to look favourably on a candidate if they don't know who they worked for in several previous contracts.

Anyone contracted or still at RBOS? Are they likely to be looking for python contractors at the moment?

TBH it's pretty obvious this is just blatant fishing for leads, especially as one of the skills they are looking for is not on my CV.

You can borrow a couple of mine: Rick O'Shea & Theresa Green. I can't promise a decent reference, but your pimp might just get the message...eventually...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    There is 0% probability this is a real role.

Pure fishing exercise....

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied

Remember also RBOS has declared everyone inside IR35 also

Leave a comment:

Working...
X