• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Thread"

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Away to Italy

Wine will be drunk

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    bergamo was (from stansted £19.99) was very good fun going round the old town and narrow streets full of Xmas joys

Spent a night a lake Garda also (45 mins away) and had sunny breakfast on the shore in the sun shine (excellent wine for 3 euro a glass)

Back in grimly London now

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ploptimus
    replied
    House warming/cocktail making party Saturday night. Either side of that cleaning/buying booze and recovering.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Find a nice care/rest home and send her there for a couple of weeks rest?
    She went to a lovely local place to recoup after she fell over and broke her hip a few years ago. Hmm... I wonder...

EDIT: £1310 a week for respite care, min two weeks. I may have a chat with the parentals this weekend.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 6 December 2019, 16:31.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Cinema tonight to see Motherless Brooklyn

Off to the parentals tomorrow. Grandmother's 98th birthday weekend but she's in hospital having suffered hallucinations from not eating properly and being generally on her way out. She wants to go home, hospital wants her to go home. Fortunately someone sensible is listening to my Dad who has pointed out she can't look after herself properly and she needs care. Sounds like she's not yet ill enough to go to the hospice that she's registered with which is a shame as it's a lovely place, she knows the staff, and she'd be much more comfortable there. If I could pay for her to have a bed there, I would.
    Find a nice care/rest home and send her there for a couple of weeks rest?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Will do! I presume she is the one with the sign that says "If my son visits tell him I am not here"?
    Yep, but in Welsh.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Say hello to my mum if you end up in Ysbyty Gwynedd!
    Will do! I presume she is the one with the sign that says "If my son visits tell him I am not here"?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So HMRC hasn't yet got their stickies on all his tax-dodged loot?

This evening, videoing the Panto, also Saturday afternoon. The Christmas Market is on (last night they had a free open air jazz concert with various bands, which was fun), so I'll have a few glühwein, which'll be nice. Sunday... gym maybe, sauna... dunno.
    Cheers - I updated.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    One of my victims, who I talked out of suicide, sent me a superb Christmas car.
    So HMRC hasn't yet got their stickies on all his tax-dodged loot?

This evening, videoing the Panto, also Saturday afternoon. The Christmas Market is on (last night they had a free open air jazz concert with various bands, which was fun), so I'll have a few glühwein, which'll be nice. Sunday... gym maybe, sauna... dunno.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    TFA

Hopefully a really boring weekend. Off to the land of the sheep eaters where children and wife will annoy me. This is not my favourite time of year.

Lots of bad news this week. Only one piece of good news. I think most are aware I only hang round CUK to support those affected by HMRC. One of my victims, who I talked out of suicide, sent me a superb Christmas car. It has London skyline on a plastic wallet. Inside the plastic wallet is stars so it looks really coll when you shake it! Everyone in the office is admiring it! I think I might add a couple of "x"s to the Ladies name - just to wind up mrs-bp. Not that I am keen on hospital food.....
    Say hello to my mum if you end up in Ysbyty Gwynedd!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    You assume I wear knickers :P

Busy one for me, building an SL1 tonight, making some shoes tomorrow am, D&D tomorrow PM, chores on Sunday am & then finish building or start printing with the SL1 Sunday pm.

You?
    TFA

Hopefully a really boring weekend. Off to the land of the sheep eaters where children and wife will annoy me. This is not my favourite time of year.

Lots of bad news this week. Only one piece of good news. I think most are aware I only hang round CUK to support those affected by HMRC. One of my victims, who I talked out of suicide, sent me a superb Christmas card. It has London skyline on a plastic wallet. Inside the plastic wallet is stars so it looks really coll when you shake it! Everyone in the office is admiring it! I think I might add a couple of "x"s to the Ladies name - just to wind up mrs-bp. Not that I am keen on hospital food.....
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 6 December 2019, 13:25. Reason: Cheers NAT!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    I suppose I had better ask before HJ gets her knickers in a twist again.

It would also be great to hear about Zig-Mater.

No doubt no-one will ask me what I am up to. Which is good really as I hate you all. I just hope I never meet any of you in real life.....

You assume I wear knickers :P

Busy one for me, building an SL1 tonight, making some shoes tomorrow am, D&D tomorrow PM, chores on Sunday am & then finish building or start printing with the SL1 Sunday pm.

You?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Cinema tonight to see Motherless Brooklyn

Off to the parentals tomorrow. Grandmother's 98th birthday weekend but she's in hospital having suffered hallucinations from not eating properly and being generally on her way out. She wants to go home, hospital wants her to go home. Fortunately someone sensible is listening to my Dad who has pointed out she can't look after herself properly and she needs care. Sounds like she's not yet ill enough to go to the hospice that she's registered with which is a shame as it's a lovely place, she knows the staff, and she'd be much more comfortable there. If I could pay for her to have a bed there, I would.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    TFA

Pizza tomorrow night with friends. Car club Christmas lunch on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Away to Italy

Wine will be drunk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X