• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are the unexpected ways of saving income tax in UK?"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Don't open your front door to strangers....

I would like one of those duty vests for Halloween.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    PC could substitite her in for his help desk role. She'd be more useful and ornamental.
    I don't think that's peculiar to PC. There's a lot of folk round these parts who could be 'out ornamented' by a blow up doll.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Depending on your line of work, a blow up doll is a legit business expense
    PC could substitite her in for his help desk role. She'd be more useful and ornamental.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    the doll?
    Depending on your line of work, a blow up doll is a legit business expense

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Not working and claiming the doll.
    the doll?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Unfortunately, some foolish contractors went down the loan route and are now being rightly retrospectively pursued. The Oude Joris Max 120 structure has never been challenged and no participant has ever been landed with challenge by HMRC
    I agree it was unfortunate.

Remember I was never involved in any loan scheme. But I don't understand why it took HMRC from 1999 to 2017 to close them down. And almost ignored the scheme promoters.

Either way, there have been 6 suicides related to the loan scheme and I still hang round the scheme enquiry forum trying to help out any with mental health issues.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Marry a serial killer.
    I could murder a bowl of frosties, but I've got some standards.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Marry a serial killer.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Yes vote brexit - kills the job market dead, no tax to pay on no earnings

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by asktaxman View Post
    What are the various ways by which we can save the income tax?
    Don't open your front door to strangers....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Are films about gladiators a BIK, even if you work in MMA?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The contractor who "thinks" and does no research?

The more warnings that go out the better. Alas some are unreachable(and I don't mean that in an urban dictionary sense).
    Unfortunately, some foolish contractors went down the loan route and are now being rightly retrospectively pursued. The Oude Joris Max 120 structure has never been challenged and no participant has ever been landed with challenge by HMRC

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Still going strong. With the demise of loan schemes, the thinking contractor is increasingly looking for robust ways of maximising take home income.
    The contractor who "thinks" and does no research?

The more warnings that go out the better. Alas some are unreachable(and I don't mean that in an urban dictionary sense).

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I was going to mention this OG, but I didn't know if this issue had been closed...
    Still going strong. With the demise of loan schemes, the thinking contractor is increasingly looking for robust ways of maximising take home income.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Watch out for discarded perfume bottles then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X