• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Loan Charge on BBC front page : the general version"

Collapse

• stonehenge
    replied
    It looks like some schemes are now using cryptocurrencies instead of loans.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    And this is what the BBC should have written - as a public service to educate people.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    P.P.S. And accepting being paid in “loans”, that so obviously stay on the books and therefore easy target, how moronic is that?

How can this stupidity be explained by other than greed???

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If some poor immigrants who could not have possibly known about crazy UK tax laws were scammed by “scheme providers” then I would believe they had no clue.

Any UK tax payer who paid tax at 40% level would know full well what is the high rate of tax in this country - you can’t fooking miss it. When I first started working in this country I got charged 40% as “emergency tax rate” - I have learnt about it even before I earned enough to pay it, you can’t miss 40% tax if you ever earned enough to pay it.

How many of these “scheme users” did not know about 40-45% tax? It can’t be anything other than close to 0%.

Therefore they all knew what they were doing - engaging in “tax avoidance” scheme AKA fooking over the taxpayers.

If they had any brains they would at the very least obtain Certificate of Tax Deposit to hedge against obvious risk of being caught.

So in addition to being very greedy they were also very stupid.

P.S. They are double morons for agreeing to pay percentage based fee - if it was all legal, why did it require payment of an effective tax? It should have been fixed cost legal opinion if it was legit in the first place.
    Last edited by AtW; 25 August 2019, 19:47.

Leave a comment:

• highlandspring
    replied
    avoidance

The Govn and HMRC are clearly tightening up on all forms of avoidance, the only solid way to avoid tax is to move offshore yourself.

Any aggressive scheme using offshore vehicles or loans is going to get caught at some point, and whilst I don't condone any backdating the users of the more aggressive scheme would have known they were taking a risk.

Its these scheme and the minority of user of them which are making life so tough for the rest of us who have UK companies and want to manage our tax affairs in a reasonable way.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    ... it did not occur to me that people would get weirdly angry about it and cause a public scene.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    you complete and utter twunt!
    I decided a long time ago to never lose sleep over random mean words random people type about me on the internet. Feel free to continue if it makes you feel better though.

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Why, if you were genuinely concerned didn't you PM the chap?
    Partially because posting here simply fitted into the conversational style narrative that these threads build, partially because publicly posting that shows everyone who might not be sure that the behaviour is out of character, partially because doing it publicly shows people that that level of response is generally considered inappropriate, partly because I very rarely use the PM system and generally forget it is there and partially because I am such an amazingly nice guy that it did not occur to me that people would get weirdly angry about it and cause a public scene.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Man that's ******* harsh.

If AtW dies, who will feed the squirrels?

they will chew their way through the floor and eat the rotting kebab meat, they will be the size of MF in hours.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You need at least sixteen squirrels to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who likes to feed squirrels.

They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single squirrel can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a Brillo”.

HTH

that's the best post i've seen from mr ackerov.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

You need at least sixteen squirrels to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who likes to feed squirrels.

They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single squirrel can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a Brillo”.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

WTFH ???

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You should go for a drive. Hopefully this time your crash will be fatal.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    So WTFH is using wasps as ammunition now?
    no. - i am

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    nah, - he got a wasp up his arse.
    So WTFH is using wasps as ammunition now?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Brillo clearly got some serious mental issues.
    nah, - he got a wasp up his arse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X