• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Poop every other day to protect the environment"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Fewer kids makes the retirement demographics even worse. Somebody needs to pay tax to fund my state pension. You're going to have to kill off the old and the disabled so that the declining number of workers have fewer people to support. Either that or incentivise more kids and let pollution and other effects kill off the old and disabled slowly and painfully.
    More likely that the poor will be killed off. So the planet will be a less pleasant place to live.

You can tell what God thinks of money. Look at those he gives it to.....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    If there’s a will to make it so then yes. Why not?

The number of people that can be supported is something that has been called incorrectly before.

Malthus being the most famous.
    Why should there be a "will" to over populate the planet and expend all of its resources? We're a transient species on this planet and one day we'll become extinct - thoughts of anything else is just arrogance.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Do you think the Earth can sustain a population of 11Bn?
    If there’s a will to make it so then yes. Why not?

The number of people that can be supported is something that has been called incorrectly before.

Malthus being the most famous.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Fewer kids makes the retirement demographics even worse. Somebody needs to pay tax to fund my state pension. You're going to have to kill off the old and the disabled so that the declining number of workers have fewer people to support. Either that or incentivise more kids and let pollution and other effects kill off the old and disabled slowly and painfully.
    Shall we move you to the top of the list Grandad?

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    I'm not sure where you are going with this one, people have attempted this in the past i.e. China and their single child policy. You can incentivise families to have either fewer or more kids.

No need to resort to genocide or euthanasia.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    The elephant in the room is population growth
    If one could get the elephants to only poop every other day, we'd be onto something.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Thank God I will be dead by the time the planet gets really unpleasant.
    Perhaps there will be those who think that would make it more pleasant. One must learn to consider all possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Doesn’t make any difference at all what your opinion is of how many is too many.
    It’s happening..
    Do you think the Earth can sustain a population of 11Bn?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    I used to just poop on client time. Painful on bank holiday weekends. But pays dividends long term...

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    That is too many people.
    Doesn’t make any difference at all what your opinion is of how many is too many.
    It’s happening..

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    I used to just poop on client time. Painful on bank holiday weekends. But pays dividends long term...
    Don't mention Dividends!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    And they all want 'stuff'
    And I'm not sharing mine!

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    And they all want 'stuff'

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Population is coming under control all on its own.
    Improving child mortality, education for women and contraception are all that is needed. And it’s working. Expect 11bn people by 2050 that will be stable, or slightly falling.

This is well documented.
    That is too many people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X