• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BBQ Season started, again. Best beer?"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    One to add to the list:
    Speedbird 100

It's £4.95 a can on board, but most lounges have it in stock, so fill your bag prior to boarding.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Stella Artois - Wikipedia

Despite the wife beater moniker it is actually one of the best 'lagers' around.

Obviously if you want some hoppy hipster stuff there are plenty of options though.
    Originally posted by TheInvoicer View Post

Both brewed by the same company in the UK.

Won't say who, but here's some of their staff in the 1970s:

Leave a comment:

• ProfitableContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Stella Artois - Wikipedia

Despite the wife beater moniker it is actually one of the best 'lagers' around.
    The mighty Stella is the only way forward, although I will never stop being disappointed they watered it down from 5.2 to 4.8% - some of us could drink it stronger without restoring to violence.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    BBQ, scorching weather, gotta be a ice cold crisp Pilsner....

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Non British beers? How unpatriotic
    **** off **** features.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I've tried a few beers, German, Japanese (brewed in Italy).

But I'm looking for suggestions for the best beer ever! Less chemicals the better.

I need the best beer ever for the best bbq ever. Come on CUK.
    Non British beers? How unpatriotic

Leave a comment:

• Jim Spector
    replied
    Beavertown

Core Beers – Beavertown Brewery

In their standard range Neck Oil is the ‘session’ beer, Gamma Ray is the upgrade!

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    My beer of choice currently is Hop house 13 lager by Guinness

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Weather's too hot for beer, especially served warm real ale or the gassy pish that is UK lager.

What you need is cider. If at home so not a nice cold draught, add ice and drink it before the ice melts enough to water it down.

Confession:

I am a cider drinker

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I'd forgotten okocim. Went to Poland in the early '90s. That was a lovely beer.

coming to a Polski Sklep near you. Seems to be sold in a number of places now.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Palmers 200.
    You'd enjoy a pub crawl in Lyme Regis

I agree with the previous comment on Stella nothing else comes close for that clean, crisp flavour. Peroni and moretti aren't bad though.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    A selection of the finest primate beverages would be most suitable, no....?

Oi, where's my royalties, I have image and name copyrights you know!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Rebellion, Chiltern , Malt & Hook Norton normally. Pop to Earl's court and try a variety.

Great British Beer Festival London 2019 | Great British Beer Festival

but if you fancy a variation on special brew then non cockney mocne!

Okocim Mocne | LCBO
    I'd forgotten okocim. Went to Poland in the early '90s. That was a lovely beer.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Rebellion, Chiltern , Malt & Hook Norton normally. Pop to Earl's court and try a variety.

Great British Beer Festival London 2019 | Great British Beer Festival

but if you fancy a variation on special brew then non cockney mocne!

Okocim Mocne | LCBO

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just enjoying a second Ola Dubh Ale. Not one to neck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X