• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Australian-style points system..."

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You mean the system where anybody regardless of education, age, skills, qualifications, health or criminal background is legally allowed to enter and live in this country and have access to all medical facilities as long as they are from the EU?

We don't currently have that system, even if you've been brainwashed into believing otherwise.

For secondary care services, the UK’s healthcare system is a residence-based one, which means entitlement to free healthcare is based on living lawfully in the UK on a properly settled basis for the time being....
    Individuals who are not ordinarily resident in the UK may be required to pay for their care when they are in England. However, some services and some individuals are exempt from payment.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You mean the system where anybody regardless of education, age, skills, qualifications, health or criminal background is legally allowed to enter and live in this country and have access to all medical facilities as long as they are from the EU?

What’s wrong with such a system?

Sounds great to me, and you - stoopid fookers taking it away

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I joke about Johnson in the other forum that can't be named.
    There's a forum that cannot be named?

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    The special stuff, or just regular all-purpose....?

You emigrated to Hungary, did you?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Boris Johnson promises Australian-style points system for immigration

This system is already in place - for at least 10 years

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    A points system should be family based.
    I get 100 points for my IT skills.
    My wife and son stay in Belgium as I go back every weekend so no points added or deducted.
    Non EU gets 100 but his wife has no skills and his 3 children need 3 school places
    400 points deducted.
    Total points -300

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    But at least we're taking back control.....
    I didn't know you owned a hedge fund.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    We had a points based system that the Tories dismantled when they came to power. It was called HSMP. It allowed scores of highly skilled migrants to fly into UK without a job and start taking up any job that was on offer at any cost. Many even came in with fake points based off fake certificates. I have interviewed highly skilled migrants with an expected salary of 20k! It was a complete mess.
    The only difference this time seems that Boris wants to allow these chaps to only come in if they have a job offer. I can only see this ending in disaster. Lots of umbrella companies will spring up offering fake jobs to IT guys so they can flood in and drive down our rates even further.
    But at least we're taking back control.....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    This one's half the price. Plus I like the name...

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17607
    Wouldn't it attract bees and wasps?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    This one's half the price. Plus I like the name...

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17607

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    At least you brought your own lube.
    Never without it, me old son...
    The special stuff, or just regular all-purpose....?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Never without it, me old son...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I could never work out where to put the battery...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Whereas you give the impression of having been hosed off the floor of a battery chicken warehouse.
    I could never work out where to put the battery...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    That would certainly explain how you got in...
    Whereas you give the impression of having been hosed off the floor of a battery chicken warehouse.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Of course - they just hand wave visas in UK consulates to anybody who asks

That would certainly explain how you got in...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X