• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Carbon offset

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Carbon offset"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And you are doing your bit for the planet overpopulation by shooting a few.

I just hope you never replaced that diesel generator.
    It was petrol, and after the last one was nicked, it was replaced with solar.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    My neighbour isn’t very good with his recycling. Each week he only recycles one or two wine bottles. We are far more environmentally friendly, recycling a case of champagne a few bottles of gin and a dozen wine bottles. Sometimes I think he’s just not caring for the planet like we are.
    And you are doing your bit for the planet overpopulation by shooting a few.

I just hope you never replaced that diesel generator.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    My neighbour isn’t very good with his recycling. Each week he only recycles one or two wine bottles. We are far more environmentally friendly, recycling a case of champagne a few bottles of gin and a dozen wine bottles. Sometimes I think he’s just not caring for the planet like we are.
    It shows in the quality of your posts - try not posting when you're in your cups!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If I run an aircon unit I pay more for my electricity as I'm using more. Is that any different from paying a carbon offset for, e.g. flying somewhere instead of walking?
    Aircon! I've got the heating on in the evening in the UK!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I think you've discovered something. The World has been waiting for a great mind like yours to save humanity.
    Entirely missing the point as ever.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I think you've discovered something. The World has been waiting for a great mind like yours to save humanity.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Is that like running a fridge with renewable energy, opening the door and combating global warming?

Yes. It's exactly that.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If I run an aircon unit I pay more for my electricity as I'm using more. Is that any different from paying a carbon offset for, e.g. flying somewhere instead of walking?
    Is that like running a fridge with renewable energy, opening the door and combating global warming?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    started a topic Carbon offset

Carbon offset

Working...
X