• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Children whitening skin to avoid racial hate crime"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    It's not you mate. It's me. It's like listening to music and right in the middle, there's a bum note.
    I corrected that for you.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    fair enough, I'm far from perfect.
    It's not you mate, it's me. It's like listening to music and right in the middle, there's a bum note.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    In one sentence you're bragging about your intelligence. In another you're proving you can't string a sentence together without making amateurish mistakes.

It twists my melon!

fair enough, I'm far from perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    why?

It was boring always knowing the answer and the slow tick till they turned to me. They just adjusted the question so I might not know the answer and then pushed me. None of the other kids knew but then they could explain it to me so I didn't look like a know it all.
    In one sentence you're bragging about your intelligence. In another you're proving you can't string a sentence together without making amateurish mistakes.

It twists my melon!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    There are no feasible circumstances in which you could look like a know-it-all.
    I could be in a competition with you!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    why?

It was boring always knowing the answer and the slow tick till they turned to me. They just adjusted the question so I might not know the answer and then pushed me. None of the other kids knew but then they could explain it to me so I didn't look like a know it all.
    There are no feasible circumstances in which you could look like a know-it-all.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    FFS

why?

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I wonder if any of the kids in the initial article ever stop and think that maybe they are being bullied because they are actually ******* - and the kids are just using the colour of the skin as a way of getting at them?

It's like we had an annoying ****** in our class who was ginger - so he was called a ginger **** - not really because he was ginger but more because he was a **** - so it was not the colour of his hair that was the problem.

Just asking like.
    could it be that ginger hair is rooted in our psyche because of the Vikings?

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If that's how you wish to justify your existence then fill your boots.
    don't forget karma!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Agreed - skin whitening is a global phenomenon.

The bullying probably is a factor, similar to how Scottish children in Munich pretend to be Irish or English, so they don't get bullied for reasons we don't need to mention.
    sad the teachers used you as a threat but we can understand it.

Be good or the Spooter will come. eek

You would of thought they would have encourage lesser answers and talked to you quietly to negotiate a level of questions or a signal when you could answer, that is what the decent teachers did with me.

I didn't get you will get it later, because I was one of the tallest & scariest blokes in school.
    You sure it wasn't just because you are a twat?
    Just saying, like...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I keep saying that twats are useful and desirable

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    I keep saying that twats are useful and desirable

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I remember in physics class the teacher asked 'what is speed?'

I was the swot, arm shot up in the air. Teacher would say, do I have to ask Scooter. Ever other pupil be like 'how fast something goes?' No! 'now please would someone tell me!' exclaims the teacher. Eventually I was asked 'The rate of movement' - Thank you Scooter, says the teacher.

'You're getting it afters' I would hear across the way from those that picked on me, and that was typical experience for giving the answers the teachers wanted to hear. Gwd I hated school.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Only from my own experiences. During my own school days it was the reason for about 90% of the bullying and my daughter's school was losing kids on a regular basis. I made a formal complaint to the governors about it so hunted down all the parents who had withdrawn their children during our time with the school (excluding those who simply left the area) to canvass reasons for leaving. All of them were swots who were excluded or bullied for it. I'm not saying it's the only reason but I have found it to be a major problem and one that nobody seems willing to tackle or discuss openly.
    totally agree. However, because of the primeval part of us, anything which singles out an individual from the crowd is likely to result in bullying.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I wonder if any of the kids in the initial article ever stop and think that maybe they are being bullied because they are actually ******* - and the kids are just using the colour of the skin as a way of getting at them?

It's like we had an annoying ****** in our class who was ginger - so he was called a ginger **** - not really because he was ginger but more because he was a **** - so it was not the colour of his hair that was the problem.

Just asking like.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X