• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I blame google

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I blame google"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Being unable to find your way back is normal - even to be expected. But being unable to find your way there - you need serious help.
    I remember the days I could sniff out a pub from a few miles away.

As a youngster of 19 years old visiting Canada, a group of us managed to walk two hours before finding a bar. We didn’t really appreciate how big Canada is and how small England is.

Plus Liverpool has a pub on every corner.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    My spelling in recent years has gone down hill. I can't spell the simplest of things without resulting to spell checks and I blame google.

As a programmer I spend 95% of my time trying to find code to cut and paste, so I spend all day typing misspelled words and google magically understands and corrects me. But now I can't even type a simple sentence without at least two or three spelling mistakes.

Never mind I can't find my way to my local pub without a sat nav.

Is technology diminishing us as human being?
    nah, - it's just you

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Never mind I can't find my way to my local pub without a sat nav
    Time to get worried is when you need your satnav to find your front door.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Being unable to find your way back is normal - even to be expected. But being unable to find your way there - you need serious help.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    My spelling in recent years has gone down hill. I can't spell the simplest of things without resulting to spell checks and I blame google.
    Whatever you do, don't rely on Google Translate....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Which hill?

Or did you mean downhill?
    Mind you don't cut yourself.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    My spelling in recent years has gone down hill.
    Which hill? Or did you mean downhill?

Don't blame google, blame the breeding.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Yep, it's got so bad that at times even google can't work out what I am trying to spell, I then resort to voice commands to try and get close to what I want

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Google has a lot to answer for.
    Google in itself is not a problem. It is the social context of poor education and widespread cretinism.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    downhill
    Google has a lot to answer for.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied

As a programmer I spend 95% of my time trying to find code to cut and paste, so I spend all day typing misspelled words and google magically understands and corrects me. But now I can't even type a simple sentence without at least two or three spelling mistakes.

downhill

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Copy and paste shirley
    If I can stop other contractors pinching the code that I'm pinching then I much prefer cut and paste.

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied

Copy and paste shirley

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    started a topic I blame google

I blame google

Working...
X