• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seen Your First Swallow Yet?"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Probably hasn't been a lot of mud around from then until now. Been so dry...
    There's plenty of mud around there, the river's about 50 metres away which might account for the popularity of the nesting site.

Though why that particular house in a terrace of practically identical ones is a mystery.

I suppose it might be a memory thing since the terrace has been there for 150 years or so and the birds appear to return whence they were hatched.

And they're probably house martins.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 May 2019, 11:51.

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Saw a swallow/swift on Sunday.

By yesterday evening they were busily building a new nest in the eaves of a house that they favour mightily for some reason.
    Probably hasn't been a lot of mud around from then until now. Been so dry...

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Saw a swallow/swift on Sunday.

By yesterday evening they were busily building a new nest in the eaves of a house that they favour mightily for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It was your dad. You better ask him.
    I doubt it mate, his ashes were scattered just off North Stack by the RNLI 10 years ago.

Good attempt though.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Did he like it?
    It was your dad. You better ask him.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Did he like it?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I saw the first swallow this May by sticking a mirror on the ceiling.
    Did he like it?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I saw the first swallow this May by sticking a mirror on the ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Saw one in Cumbria today. Probably slightly radioactive though.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I blame B****t, myself

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    None here in Dorset as yet. All down to those pesky Chinese again, apparently.

Link
    Looks like Huawei are at it again...

rfc2549

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    started a topic Seen Your First Swallow Yet?

Seen Your First Swallow Yet?

None here in Dorset as yet. All down to those pesky Chinese again, apparently.

Link

Working...
X