• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much of a spanking will the parties get?"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    nobody else had a good day
    By "Nobody Else" do you just mean UKIP and Labour?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The Tories lost over 2000 seats in a council election in 1995.

But the present debacle is a mere skirmish compared with the Tory wipeout we can expect when the balloon goes up in a couple of weeks with the EU elections!
    Oh right, Major, yeah.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Biggest loss of seats that I can remember, at least in recent times. I think Blair lost a similar number in the early days.
    The Tories lost over 2000 seats in a council election in 1995.

But the present debacle is a mere skirmish compared with the Tory wipeout we can expect when the balloon goes up in a couple of weeks with the EU elections!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Local elections for some today, your predictions please:

I'll start with the following:

Tories lose 950 Councillors, 45-55 councils, and nobody really gains much.
    Lost 1269 seats, lost 43 councils, and nobody else had a good day. I should be on telly...

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Oh. Crikey. -1240 and still a few more to count.
    Biggest loss of seats that I can remember, at least in recent times. I think Blair lost a similar number in the early days.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    It's way over that already.
    Oh. Crikey. -1240 and still a few more to count.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Getting close to your first one.
    It's way over that already.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Local elections for some today, your predictions please:

I'll start with the following:

Tories lose 950 Councillors, 45-55 councils, and nobody really gains much.
    Getting close to your first one.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Even Baldrick has realised what we all already know about the Labour leadership.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    The Guardian newspaper is having a field day.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Even Baldrick has had enough of Corbyn

Tony Robinson on Twitter: "I’ve left the Labour Party after nearly 45 years of service at Branch, Constituency and NEC levels,partly because of it’s continued duplicity on Brexit, partly because of it’s antisemitism, but also because its leadership is complete tulip."

I’ve left the Labour Party after nearly 45 years of service at Branch, Constituency and NEC levels,partly because of it’s continued duplicity on Brexit, partly because of it’s antisemitism, but also because its leadership is complete tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Yeah, cause the first thing people do for a protest vote is to vote for the party that explicitly states that they’re going to stop the thing you’re voting for....
    Voters are smart enough to know that the LDs will never make any difference at national level

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

In the past two weeks I’ve only seen the Greens on my doorstep (3 times). If it was “local issues”, why weren’t the Tories and Labour on our doorsteps telling us how great they’ve been locally?
    The only candidate who knocked on our door was the LibDem one. Two days after knocking on the door, they also put a letter through, addressed to The Wife (tm) thanking her for talking.
    The local Tory candidate was relying on meeting anyone who would vote for them in a particular drinking establishment and didn't put any other effort in. Even his campaign leaflet was a laugh - it talked about family values, and gave his marital home address. Except he moved out of there over a year ago and is shacked up about 5 miles away with his latest squeeze.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    How much of a spanking will the parties get?

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Lib Dems locally saying they avoided talking about the B word on the doorstep as it's a toxic issue, they focussed entirely on local issues.

Lib Dems on R4 this morning hailing a sea-change in British politics entirely down to their "Stop " stance, grudgingly admitting that local issues might have had some marginal influence in some areas, and saying that this time the swing to LD is real, absolutely not down to protest votes.

What utter deluded fools! [emoji3]
    Yeah, cause the first thing people do for a protest vote is to vote for the party that explicitly states that they’re going to stop the thing you’re voting for....

In the past two weeks I’ve only seen the Greens on my doorstep (3 times). If it was “local issues”, why weren’t the Tories and Labour on our doorsteps telling us how great they’ve been locally?

Last edited by meridian; 3 May 2019, 12:29.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X