• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "[Spoilers] Game Of Thrones -Season Eight"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    Not necessarily - Viserys burnt from the gold and he was a Targaryn.
    Jon also burnt his hand in an early episode when fighting one of the undead at Castle Black, saving Commander Mormont.

So Daenerys being fireproof was part of her messiah complex, as she saw it as evidence she was special, and to be fair she was in that regard.

Just another example of where the rules of the game were somewhat vague.

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    How did they find out what Jon did - Drogon picked up the body and flew off. Did Jon seriously go out and say "oh BTW I just stabbed her and killed her"? Missed opportunity.
    Bran dobbed him in.

He, as the Three Eyed Raven, had it all planned from the start.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I don't get how Jon Snow wouldn't have been instantly lynched when Grey Worm discovered what he had done. In fact, the whole aftermath of the incident was left out, unless I'd fallen asleep and missed it
    How did they find out what Jon did - Drogon picked up the body and flew off. Did Jon seriously go out and say "oh BTW I just stabbed her and killed her"? Missed opportunity.

But three Stark kids on different thrones (6 kingdoms, north, beyond the wall) didn't turn out too badly compared with how the show started for the Starks

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    Ghost was annoying, only injury appeared to be a missing ear

Drogon was ok, would have liked to have seen him burn Jon (but because he's a Targarian he wouldn't have burned)
    Not necessarily - Viserys burnt from the gold and he was a Targaryn.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    So it wasn't all a dragon's dream then?

As opposed to a dog's dream of immortal memory.

4 8 15 16 23 42.

Glad I never bothered watching any of this one.

Think of the time I've saved.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I don't get how Jon Snow wouldn't have been instantly lynched when Grey Worm discovered what he had done. In fact, the whole aftermath of the incident was left out, unless I'd fallen asleep and missed it
    you didn't . . . it was cut to commercial and fast forward 5 weeks

although i do understand now why Pod got so fat, it was to imitate Hodor and push Bran around for the rest of his life

Leave a comment:

• Big Blue Plymouth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Final episode was fine for me. Kept me guessing. A bit of an epilogue tying up some loose ends, but that's ok.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The fact that Ghost and Drogon were the only emotional parts is telling
    Ghost was annoying, only injury appeared to be a missing ear

Drogon was ok, would have liked to have seen him burn Jon (but because he's a Targarian he wouldn't have burned)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    definitely would have been more in-keeping with the previous 80+ hours of the show

what pee'd me most off about the last episode (& season) was the bloody musical score, all very bland and didn't evoke the emotion it tried to do.

it's like they got a 90's Hollywood director in . . . all a bit meh, which is a shame because it could have been great
    The fact that Ghost and Drogon were the only emotional parts is telling

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Yep, you can assess how they've sanitised the show as it progressed by doing an equivalent of the old Daily Sport nipple count.

If it had stuck to how things played out in the early seasons they would all have died fighting over the throne.

That scene in the dragon pit where all the heads of the houses are sat around smugly deciding who gets to be King/Queen ("what Sam, let all the people vote, give them democracy?" "oh that's so funny, maybe my horse should get a vote too" ) would have turned into a bloodbath of them killing each other ("last one surviving wins the throne!").

I would have preferred that type of ending.
    definitely would have been more in-keeping with the previous 80+ hours of the show

what pee'd me most off about the last episode (& season) was the bloody musical score, all very bland and didn't evoke the emotion it tried to do.

it's like they got a 90's Hollywood director in . . . all a bit meh, which is a shame because it could have been great

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Yep, you can assess how they've sanitised the show as it progressed by doing an equivalent of the old Daily Sport nipple count.

If it had stuck to how things played out in the early seasons they would all have died fighting over the throne.

That scene in the dragon pit where all the heads of the houses are sat around smugly deciding who gets to be King/Queen ("what Sam, let all the people vote, give them democracy?" "oh that's so funny, maybe my horse should get a vote too" ) would have turned into a bloodbath of them killing each other ("last one surviving wins the throne!").

I would have preferred that type of ending.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    "and then they lived happily ever after"

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    Well.....who saw that coming?
    Yes completely blindsided me. Never thought my overall reaction to the final episode of the show would be "meh is that it".

Drogon and Ghost got the most emotional scenes.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    replied
    Well.....who saw that coming?

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Tyrion on the throne, he's been playing the long game

Leave a comment:

Working...
X