• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Spoilers] Game Of Thrones -Season Eight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.....who saw that coming?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
      Well.....who saw that coming?
      Yes completely blindsided me. Never thought my overall reaction to the final episode of the show would be "meh is that it".

Drogon and Ghost got the most emotional scenes.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

"and then they lived happily ever after"

Comment

Yep, you can assess how they've sanitised the show as it progressed by doing an equivalent of the old Daily Sport nipple count.

If it had stuck to how things played out in the early seasons they would all have died fighting over the throne.

That scene in the dragon pit where all the heads of the houses are sat around smugly deciding who gets to be King/Queen ("what Sam, let all the people vote, give them democracy?" "oh that's so funny, maybe my horse should get a vote too" ) would have turned into a bloodbath of them killing each other ("last one surviving wins the throne!").

I would have preferred that type of ending.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Yep, you can assess how they've sanitised the show as it progressed by doing an equivalent of the old Daily Sport nipple count.

If it had stuck to how things played out in the early seasons they would all have died fighting over the throne.

That scene in the dragon pit where all the heads of the houses are sat around smugly deciding who gets to be King/Queen ("what Sam, let all the people vote, give them democracy?" "oh that's so funny, maybe my horse should get a vote too" ) would have turned into a bloodbath of them killing each other ("last one surviving wins the throne!").

I would have preferred that type of ending.
            definitely would have been more in-keeping with the previous 80+ hours of the show

what pee'd me most off about the last episode (& season) was the bloody musical score, all very bland and didn't evoke the emotion it tried to do.

it's like they got a 90's Hollywood director in . . . all a bit meh, which is a shame because it could have been great

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
              definitely would have been more in-keeping with the previous 80+ hours of the show

what pee'd me most off about the last episode (& season) was the bloody musical score, all very bland and didn't evoke the emotion it tried to do.

it's like they got a 90's Hollywood director in . . . all a bit meh, which is a shame because it could have been great
              The fact that Ghost and Drogon were the only emotional parts is telling
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                The fact that Ghost and Drogon were the only emotional parts is telling
                Ghost was annoying, only injury appeared to be a missing ear

Drogon was ok, would have liked to have seen him burn Jon (but because he's a Targarian he wouldn't have burned)

Comment

Final episode was fine for me. Kept me guessing. A bit of an epilogue tying up some loose ends, but that's ok.

Comment

I don't get how Jon Snow wouldn't have been instantly lynched when Grey Worm discovered what he had done. In fact, the whole aftermath of the incident was left out, unless I'd fallen asleep and missed it

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                      I don't get how Jon Snow wouldn't have been instantly lynched when Grey Worm discovered what he had done. In fact, the whole aftermath of the incident was left out, unless I'd fallen asleep and missed it
                      you didn't . . . it was cut to commercial and fast forward 5 weeks

although i do understand now why Pod got so fat, it was to imitate Hodor and push Bran around for the rest of his life

Comment

Working...
                      X