• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Inconsiderate drivers"

Collapse

• stonehenge
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    That's all a bit beyond yorkie's cognitive abilities.
    Maybe, but he is "seriously charming".

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    7 Seriously Charming Serial Killers | Crime Time

Ted Bundy

His modus operandi: fake an injury and ask women in parking lots for help
    That's all a bit beyond yorkie's cognitive abilities.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Should have ticked the 'blocked in assist' option when getting the car, where it sounds an alarm at the pleb attempting to block you in and also sends you a message to your mobile phone so you can catch the pleb before they leave you blocked in.

It's on the spec sheet just below 'lane assist', 'parking assist', 'distraction assist', anti-speeding assist', 'anti-collision assist', ... though easy to miss in that list of about 50 'assist' items that aren't even in alphabetical order.

Leave a comment:

• stonehenge
    replied
    7 Seriously Charming Serial Killers | Crime Time

Ted Bundy

His modus operandi: fake an injury and ask women in parking lots for help

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Came out of the hotel this morning to go to the client's office only to find I had been blocked in by an ill mannered self centred woman. Not only had she parked in a non parking spot, but she had positioned her Vauxhall Mokka, reg DN68XHF, so close to my drivers door that a non- disabled driver like myself would not have been able to get in let alone a disable blue badge holder like myself. Yes I was in a disabled space and no she wasn't disabled.
    I complained to hotel staff but apparently she had not registered her vehicle at the hotel. I wonder why? Whilst I was waiting, propping myself up on my walking stick, she turned up. Didn't even apologise. Just got in her car and drove off. She didn't check out so she will be in the hotel tonight. It's going to be an interesting conversation in the bar/restaurant tonight

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Sounds like you met Lady Karma.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Came out of the hotel this morning to go to the client's office only to find I had been blocked in by an ill mannered self centred woman. Not only had she parked in a non parking spot, but she had positioned her Vauxhall Mokka, reg DN68XHF, so close to my drivers door that a non- disabled driver like myself would not have been able to get in let alone a disable blue badge holder like myself. Yes I was in a disabled space and no she wasn't disabled.
    I complained to hotel staff but apparently she had not registered her vehicle at the hotel. I wonder why? Whilst I was waiting, propping myself up on my walking stick, she turned up. Didn't even apologise. Just got in her car and drove off. She didn't check out so she will be in the hotel tonight. It's going to be an interesting conversation in the bar/restaurant tonight

Which are you? Or have you officially gone split personality (and I use the term personality loosely)

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I hired a Mokka once. It had a heated steering wheel. Very nice it was.
    My Mazda 6 has that also - not something I thought I'd use but it's quite nice on a cold day

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    1. The hotel is pretty isolated
    2. The car had clearly been left there overnight as all the windows had been frosted up, but still she chose to drive off without clearing her windows
    3. She approached the car pulling only a laptop bag, so she will be in the hotel tonight.
    A lady at an isolated hotel comes back to her car and sees an angry looking weirdo hanging around. I'm not surprised she scooted off pretty sharpish.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Block her in, then take a day relaxing in the spa.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You assume she is staying at the hotel. How can you be sure? Could she just have been dropping something/someone off?

But yes, people can be rude and only ever think of themselves, not the impact of their choices on others.
    Or they consider that while their choice may have a minor down side for a short period for some, it doesn’t matter to them because they won’t be affected.
    1. The hotel is pretty isolated
    2. The car had clearly been left there overnight as all the windows had been frosted up, but still she chose to drive off without clearing her windows
    3. She approached the car pulling only a laptop bag, so she will be in the hotel tonight.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You assume she is staying at the hotel. How can you be sure? Could she just have been dropping something/someone off?

But yes, people can be rude and only ever think of themselves, not the impact of their choices on others.
    Or they consider that while their choice may have a minor down side for a short period for some, it doesn’t matter to them because they won’t be affected.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I hired a Mokka once. It had a heated steering wheel. Very nice it was.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Ps I do have a photo but cannot upload it to here using the app as I don't has permission.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    started a topic Inconsiderate drivers

Inconsiderate drivers

Working...
X