• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Michael Jackson documentary"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    I've been listening to Wagner since the 40s
    Me too. I'll probably listen to MJ too. I don't go with the idiotic modern tendency to discard all the real accomplishments of talented people simply because of unrelated thing they did. People die, their creations and achievements live on.

PS Read a biography of Wagner once. By the standards of Germany at the time he wasn't particularly antisemitic and had Jewish connections. He just did not like the idea of people living separate from the rest of society. Hardly his fault that the Nazis made use of his work.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I've been listening to Wagner since the 40s.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Thriller, Billy Jean.

Yeah, not sure the "dont listen to it anymore" message works with me

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    We have to be sure. I mean this is the greatest hook of all time.

Are we willing to throw all that away?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Why does a non-retarded adult invite children (unaccompanied by parents) to their house?
    People were not so aware of the abuse threat then. Recall an episode of Cagney & Lacey in early 90s where an adult innocently invited an upset child into his bed and nobody thought anything of it. They wouldn't show such a thing on TV now.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    His behaviour in his lifetime was certainly unacceptable.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    His behaviour in his lifetime was certainly unacceptable.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    So: he's not right in the head, has a predisposition to "entertain" young boys at his house (unattended), but knows what is and what isn't appropriate, i.e. knows not to molest or force them into any sexual situations.

I'm with William of Ockham on this one.
    "appropriate behaviour"

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You don't have any kids.
    Sick burn, bro.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Most interesting that the kids who came into Jacksons life AFTER these pair such as Macauley Caulkin say nothing ever happened.
    So you're saying that a paedo must interfere with every child they have opportunity to?

Also, interestingly that years ago both denied any wrongdoing from Jackson. Could be argued they were still riding the Jackson gravy train at the time and only afterwards when they were left high and dry did they decide to change their stories to cash in.
    That's the problem though isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Wouldn't have let him babysit my kids.
    You don't have any kids.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Wouldn't have let him babysit my kids.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Only watched part 1 so far.

Always though Jackson was probably a paedo. However, watching this I'm now probably convinced the other way now that he was not.

Certainly "strange" but thats it. Those two on the programme just came across as a pair of lying scumbags keen to cash in to be honest. Some really dodgy "facts" and of course, they know nothing can be proven one way or the other.

Most interesting that the kids who came into Jacksons life AFTER these pair such as Macauley Caulkin say nothing ever happened. I'm guessing Caulkin isn't short of cash like these pair so doesn't need to make up crap.

Also, interestingly that years ago both denied any wrongdoing from Jackson. Could be argued they were still riding the Jackson gravy train at the time and only afterwards when they were left high and dry did they decide to change their stories to cash in.
    I always had him down as probably not, although these friendships with children were, hmmm, unacceptable.

Haven't seen the program but I've noticed a few people mention it was not exactly convincing.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Without doubt hes not right in the head. doesn't make him a paedo though.
    So: he's not right in the head, has a predisposition to "entertain" young boys at his house (unattended), but knows what is and what isn't appropriate, i.e. knows not to molest or force them into any sexual situations.

I'm with William of Ockham on this one.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Why does a non-retarded adult invite children (unaccompanied by parents) to their house?

Regardless of a sexual motivate, it's all a bit weird... But you're right maybe that's my predetermined bias talking.

What does Occam's razor imply?
    Without doubt hes not right in the head. doesn't make him a paedo though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X