• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Party of Law and Order"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Updates - Police seal of street as man stabbed at Aston University - Birmingham Live

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    poor sod after he put up with all that tulip in Rotherham. He seemed to be about the only one on the side of the law who did his job properly.

Nazir Afzal, the former chief prosecutor in Greater Manchester who oversaw the Rochdale child sex abuse case, said the victim was one of his relatives.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Bordesley Green stabbing: Boy, 17, stabbed to death - BBC News

It is the third fatal stabbing of a teen in the city in almost two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    We copied American policing policy, that's the problem. Criminals think they can evade capture because police are not visible, though I'd note that the US has always had quite high crime compared to the UK.
    not according to this site....

United Kingdom vs United States Crime Stats Compared

Although I'd treat it with caution as apparently the USA has 3% more capital punishment than we do

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Yes. American prison policy has wiped out criminality.
    We copied American policing policy, that's the problem. Criminals think they can evade capture because police are not visible, though I'd note that the US has always had quite high crime compared to the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Need more prisons for sure, easy sell to taxpayers
    Yes. American prison policy has wiped out criminality.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Need more prisons for sure, easy sell to taxpayers

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Happy to pay more tax for more police
    I don't think that would even help.

1) Career criminals are in and out of prison to commit more crimes following lenient sentencing.

2) Sir Robert Peel understood that the police need to be visible in order to prevent crime, we would need to revert to traditional policing methods.

Probably more for that list, fill them in yourselves.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Local murder today with knife - wife!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Not even the Yodel warehouse is safe anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    If they only even so much as touch my sofa
    Not even the Yodel warehouse is safe anymore.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They're reduced to robbing bedsits above kebab shops. I almost feel sorry for them.
    If they only even so much as touch my sofa

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Well in our area burglaries (technically not theft) going up, I guess they’ve finished off other places!
    They're reduced to robbing bedsits above kebab shops. I almost feel sorry for them.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Happy to pay more tax for more police
    Shame the EBT lot didn't contribute.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well in our area burglaries (technically not theft) going up, I guess they’ve finished off other places!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X