• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Look after the pennies .."

Collapse

• SeededLoaf
    replied
    Save money on a ring but lose it all later when you get a divorce

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I can beat that for meanness. The missus bought her own wedding ring.

Xoggy you are the man!

Best I managed was buying a second hand engagement ring, it was however more expensive than most of the new ones we looked at (the other ones were too big even for the stars of TOWIE). 20 years later I had to pay for it to be rebuilt in titanium. I could have bought a new car . Never say Mrs V is cheap.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I can beat that for meanness. The missus bought her own wedding ring.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    started a topic Look after the pennies ..

Look after the pennies ..

and the pounds will take care of themselves, especially if you spend only £1 on an engagement ring!

2019-01-15 'Nothing says undying love like an engagement ring from Poundland!' Budget store launches a line of £1 jewellery ahead of Valentine's Day

You may as well buy a brass pipe collar from the local plumbers merchant

Mind you, who's to say, if a young couple are serious about saving for a deposit then maybe spending a fortune on an engagement ring is a bit extravagent.

Working...
X