• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Something you'll not see happening in the city of London"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Tanzania was the country of his birth.
    How do you fathom that, given it didn't exist at the time? He was born in Zanzibar.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Tanzania was the country of his birth.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Yes, I visited is place of birth whilst in Zanzibar.
    I was being very pedantic - Tanzania wasn't a place when he was born.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Uhm, sure about that?
    Sorry to bring up the 'B' word:

STEVEN WOOLFE
    The UKIP MEP attempted to claim the late Freddie Mercury as a Brexiteer, despite the Queen singer having been dead since 1991. After Donald Tusk quoted the band’s lyric “friends will be friends, right till the end”, Woolfe hit back: “Freddie also said ‘I want to break free’. 17.4 million of us still do and won’t forget your so-called ‘friendship’ ever.”
    Well, Mercury also wrote “I suck your mind, you blow my head / Make love inside your bed” but I wouldn’t base a manifesto on it. And though the Tanzania-born, flamboyantly camp Freddie would surely have fitted right in at a UKIP conference, his bandmate Brian May recently said, “Brexit is a disaster, because the losses that are caused by it will be huge for us. Brexit is the dumbest thing Britain has ever done in my lifetime”.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Uhm, sure about that?
    Yes, I visited is place of birth whilst in Zanzibar.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Uhm, sure about that?
    Well Zanzibarian at least...

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Next you'll be telling me Freddie Mercury was English born and rather than Tanzanian.
    Uhm, sure about that?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Never fails to amaze me how I always spout absolute tripe
    FTFY properly!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    What about Canary Wharf?

no loss if that ended up in Dogger!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Never fails to amaze me how often you spout absolute tripe.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Indeed. I saw several tug boats this morning towing the square mile and CW out into international waters.....
    Never fails to amaze me how many English menfolk require the geography of their country revealed to them by a Scotsman.

Next you'll be telling me Freddie Mercury was English born and rather than Tanzanian.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    They've been done before although funnily enough it only tends to be their UK and US branches: Deutsche Bank′s 5 biggest scandals | News | DW | 29.11.2018

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    What about Canary Wharf?

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    That's all well and good but the City of London is not part of the UK. And therefore the EU. In effect the above legislation means nothing to the CoL.
    Indeed. I saw several tug boats this morning towing the square mile and CW out into international waters.....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    That's all well and good but the City of London is not part of the UK. And therefore the EU. In effect the above legislation means nothing to the CoL.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 29 November 2018, 14:08.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X