• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Xmas decorations up yet?"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    When I was looking to get one similar, I couldn't find one. So I've made one, in true Blue Peter style. I finished it this morning actually. 24 different 5cl miniature bottles of gin and a small bottle of champagne for Christmas Day.

Actually it's not totally dreadful!
    Master of Malt let you make a custom one - I got one for HWMBO last year and filled with various vintages of cognac, armagnac, and whisky with a few gins to fill the gaps.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    When I was looking to get one similar, I couldn't find one. So I've made one, in true Blue Peter style. I finished it this morning actually. 24 different 5cl miniature bottles of gin and a small bottle of champagne for Christmas Day.
    Great idea! I think I'll make an entire 2019 calendar....

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    And there are 24 gins in the Ginvent Calendar.
    Ginvent Calendar (2018 Edition) - Master of Malt

Actually it's not totally dreadful!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    My tree will go up December 1st. Alexa will have the honour of switching on the lights.

Although Christmas themed cushion covers went on this morning, about 3 seconds after they arrived from eBay!

I have a few other decs that'll go up when the tree does.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    A livener with breakfast and a nightcap before bed. Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    There are 12 days of Christmass,..

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Looks like I'm not the only meenie then.
    There are 12 days of Christmass, none of them are in ****ing November.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Am I right in thinking the oils in pine are really quite flammable?
    Yes, sticky and flammable. Almost like adding demerara to petrol in a milk bottle.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Yep,and the combination with cheap chinese lights, has warmed many a house at xmas time

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    One of the things I like about having a Christmas tree is burning it. The smell of the pine and the way the needles go up in flames

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    One of the things I like about having a Christmas tree is burning it. The smell of the pine and the way the needles go up in flames

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    About 2 weeks before - although think the missus will push for 3

then they come down on the 12th Night - which is Jan 5th this year.
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Mrs B is agitating to get them put up now. We compromised on Dec. 1st.

Praying for rain as it will mean the outside tree can't go up yet. Simon Mac will confirm why, having been involved in last years logistical efforts.
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove
    As was pointed out to me by a bus driver (on the number 32), some lune in Skewen has had an Xmas tree (illuminated) standing in the front bay window of a house.

Since August.

Chez Strangelove is unlikely to have any decorations whatsoever.
    Looks like I'm not the only meenie then.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Mrs B is agitating to get them put up now. We compromised on Dec. 1st.

Praying for rain as it will mean the outside tree can't go up yet. Simon Mac will confirm why, having been involved in last years logistical efforts.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    One of the things that delays us putting up a tree is waiting for the NT to announce what days they are doing a hill clearing of them, or equally waiting for a good evening with a clear moon and clearing a couple anyway. :

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    About 2 weeks before - although think the missus will push for 3

then they come down on the 12th Night - which is Jan 5th this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X