• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Broadsword calling Shauny Bhoy"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Nah. That was a mod delete of a drunken gammon rant.
    All this talk of Greggs and gammons brings to mind Dickens and Mr Gregsbury.

The time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr. Gregsbury’s political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

"The meaning of that term—gammon,' said Mr. Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I am proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.'

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Bless you. You felt the need to delete your gammon rant suggesting that snowflake soldiers would rape the journalist. I reckon they are made of sterner stuff.
    Nah. That was a mod delete of a drunken gammon rant.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    ah yes of course the Mail's story that shows the soldiers dismay is just the same as the sneering post from the lefty Granuaid.
    Bless you. You felt the need to delete your gammon rant suggesting that snowflake soldiers would rape the journalist. I reckon they are made of sterner stuff.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Awsome research. You must have a great sex-life.
    He's had a threesome - his left and right hand were both used in a vain attempt to pull his head out of his 'arris.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    It doesn't show their dismay at all in that story and the Guardian isn't sneering, it's just taking the piss out of the army for making these rules. BTW, the Fail one is practically word for word the same as the Telegraph story from 2 days ago and the Sunday Fail, same journalist as the Daily Fail goes a little bit further:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...new-rules.html

Troops warned eating at Greggs makes them 'look unprofessional'

However, there is no real need for them to go to Greggs (which are disgusting anyway) as they may well be powered by Greggs:

The British Military Is Now Powered By Greggs | Gizmodo UK
    Subscribe to read | Financial Times
    Awsome research. You must have a great sex-life.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    as my daughters would say 'evah'

feckwit!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    ah yes of course the Mail's story that shows the soldiers dismay is just the same as the sneering post from the lefty Granuaid.
    It doesn't show their dismay at all in that story and the Guardian isn't sneering, it's just taking the piss out of the army for making these rules. BTW, the Fail one is practically word for word the same as the Telegraph story from 2 days ago and the Sunday Fail, same journalist as the Daily Fail goes a little bit further:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...new-rules.html

Troops warned eating at Greggs makes them 'look unprofessional'

However, there is no real need for them to go to Greggs (which are disgusting anyway) as they may well be powered by Greggs:

The British Military Is Now Powered By Greggs | Gizmodo UK
    Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Pass Notes in the Guardian is just a filler, no reporting but if you feel that the British soldier needs to 'anally insert a sub' then this one does have the name of a reporter:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-soldiers.html

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Pass Notes in the Guardian is just a filler, no reporting but if you feel that the British soldier needs to 'anally insert a sub' then this one does have the name of a reporter:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-soldiers.html

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    started a topic Broadsword calling Shauny Bhoy

Broadsword calling Shauny Bhoy

We've finally found a news story that needs your expert opinion. They shall not pasty: why British soldiers are banned from Greggs | UK news | The Guardian

Working...
X