• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Great news - austerity is over!"

Collapse

• cosmic
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It's true! Austerity is over!

Senior judges could get pay rise of up to £60,000 (that takes High Court Judges to £265,000, 35 hours a week 8 weeks holiday)

Senior judges could get pay rise of up to GBP60,000 - BBC News
    Yeah paid by taking money from contractors

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    It's true! Austerity is over!

Senior judges could get pay rise of up to £60,000 (that takes High Court Judges to £265,000, 35 hours a week 8 weeks holiday)

Senior judges in England and Wales could be set for pay rises of up to 32%
    Crown Court judges would receive a 22% rise - taking them to £165,000 - and district judges would get an 8% rise.
    Senior judges could get pay rise of up to GBP60,000 - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Disney really need to rethink name of their character Gru...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Theresa May: People need to know austerity is over

Theresa May has predicted "better days ahead" after Brexit, with UK debt continuing to fall and support public services will go up.

Addressing her party conference in Birmingham, the prime minister said people needed to know that austerity was over and "their hard work has paid off".

Theresa May: People need to know austerity is over - BBC News

It's party like it's 1999!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    True austerity would be an end to eye-watering government waste but that is not going to happen unless we get rid of government, the civil service and local government altogether.
    Just walk away...

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    True austerity would be an end to eye-watering government waste but that is not going to happen unless we get rid of government, the civil service and local government altogether.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Got my first contract in the UK thanks to the financial crisis. At a bank.
    And how did you cope with all the responsibility of looking after the Stationery Cupboard?

Must have been quite a step-up for you!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Why wait for a financial crisis when you can vote for one in a referendum?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

they hired you to start a financial crisis????

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Is this like past or present tense?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    We were in a period of austerity?

Must have missed that....

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Theresa May: People need to know austerity is over

Theresa May has predicted "better days ahead" after Brexit, with UK debt continuing to fall and support public services will go up.

Addressing her party conference in Birmingham, the prime minister said people needed to know that austerity was over and "their hard work has paid off".

Theresa May: People need to know austerity is over - BBC News

It's party like it's 1999!
    Debt is still rising not falling. The amount borrowed per year has gone down. The United Kingdom National Debt Clock 2018 Counter >> nationaldebtclock.co.uk
    Last edited by Eirikur; 4 October 2018, 08:45.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Small print:

"So, when we’ve secured a good Brexit deal for Britain, at the Spending Review next year we will set out our approach for the future."

i.e. "when I'm retired on my massive tax-payer funded pension and running through fields all day, I'll be feeling better"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Small print:

"So, when we’ve secured a good Brexit deal for Britain, at the Spending Review next year we will set out our approach for the future."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X