• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Violated

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Violated"

Collapse

• TwoWolves
    replied
    I didn't quite finish the story on the OP here.

Shortly after being "asked" to go perm this mutated into "you go perm or there's no renewal".

So I found another gig and told them I would not be renewing.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I laughed involuntary the first time that questioned came from my client some years ago. Was a little embarrassed.
    First time this was asked of me was over Office Communicator, as the guy was WFH.

was glad for the breathing space to compose a sensible reply

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Personally, I'd rather someone at client rammed something up my backside thanthen ask me if wanted to go perm
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    His head, one presumes.
    Brillo's? What else is it good for?

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    His head, one presumes.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Just as well, as that's a more likely eventuality
    It is with you around.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    An to start the 1st day of your next long holiday or end of contract then go sick get permie wages on the sick until end of holiday or until you get new contract

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Personally, I'd rather someone at client rammed something up my backside than ask me if wanted to go perm
    Just as well, as that's a more likely eventuality

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Personally, I'd rather someone at client rammed something up my backside than ask me if wanted to go perm
    a polite No would be sufficient to avoid joining.

Obviously you have some unresolved issues.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    I got asked that recently. But it is 190* day rate. Plus good pension. Plus bonuses.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    I've been contracting for 25 years now and I have been asked this a few times by clients, going on past experience that means the company is on a path towards either being bought by a competitor or going bust.

Nobody was so quick off the mark.
    For others of us who have been asked this, it simply meant that we were good at what we did.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    I've been contracting for 25 years now and I have been asked this a few times by clients, going on past experience that means the company is on a path towards either being bought by a competitor or going bust.

Nobody was so quick off the mark.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    You've just lost the contracting equivalent of the game in that now they've asked you are now a disguised permie and caught inside IR35.
    Beat me to it but FTFY

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I laughed involuntary the first time that questioned came from my client some years ago. Was a little embarrassed.
    Yes, but when your client asked you to just GO!!!..................Permanently!!.....they had something else in mind than a long-term position with the Company.

HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X