• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good IT CV. Anyone use CV writing companies?"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by abu1 View Post
    As you all know a good CV is the key to landing an interview and eventually a job. I am currently looking at redoing my CV as its dated .

was wondering if there are good examples for IT CV's geared towards management and service delivery.

Does anyone know of good CV writing companies or have experience with any

If you're a contractor, the answer is "No, good CV writing companies don't exist"

Leave a comment:

• WLB2018
    replied
    You could always try sites like peopleperhour and see if you can get someone experienced to do it, albeit cheaper.

Personally I have only ever done my own.

WLB

Leave a comment:

• abu1
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I won't recommend as it's years gone by, but I've had my CV done twice. Ultimately, I didn't end up using either of the final results BUT I did find the process very valuable. It forced me to really condense information down and I quite like having someone to review it as I find friends and such tend to be a bit over-nice and anybody else isn't really engaged enough to care.

In short, I'll do it again at some point when I feel I've run out of steam, but my current CV seems to get results so I'm happy.

The CV And Interview advisers seem quite good and I did watch their webinar, however, I caution against their contractor methodology. I found I stopped getting bites when I switched my CV to a more project focused, contractor CV. I ended up going back to an old-fashioned Role By Role one.

I did get a guy to help me write my LinkedIn page - it was fantastic for a while, to the point where people outright commented on it, but I managed to accidentally lose a lot of it like the idiot I am. To be honest, my LinkedIn needs a proper polish but again, I've had solid contracts for a few years now so I guess I've just not been arsed.

I had my CV reviewed free by a company with an option to pay for changes made to it. They mentioned how LinkedIn is now the biggest source for jobs and were recruiters go to find talent and also check your skills. basically a more in depth version of your CV.

Also mentioned was how automation software is used to select CV's making having keywords more important apparently my CV only scored 53%

Leave a comment:

• abu1
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I'm not talking about the layout, it's the contents that Tech Mahindra have stolen and then pasted into their own consultants CVs.
    not good

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Why should I steal someone else CV??? I can work with templates and change the layout
    I'm not talking about the layout, it's the contents that Tech Mahindra have stolen and then pasted into their own consultants CVs.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post

I did get a guy to help me write my LinkedIn page - it was fantastic for a while, to the point where people outright commented on it, but I managed to accidentally lose a lot of it like the idiot I am.
    So this is you?
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/maximus-gladiator-247b818/

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    I won't recommend as it's years gone by, but I've had my CV done twice. Ultimately, I didn't end up using either of the final results BUT I did find the process very valuable. It forced me to really condense information down and I quite like having someone to review it as I find friends and such tend to be a bit over-nice and anybody else isn't really engaged enough to care.

In short, I'll do it again at some point when I feel I've run out of steam, but my current CV seems to get results so I'm happy.

The CV And Interview advisers seem quite good and I did watch their webinar, however, I caution against their contractor methodology. I found I stopped getting bites when I switched my CV to a more project focused, contractor CV. I ended up going back to an old-fashioned Role By Role one.

I did get a guy to help me write my LinkedIn page - it was fantastic for a while, to the point where people outright commented on it, but I managed to accidentally lose a lot of it like the idiot I am. To be honest, my LinkedIn needs a proper polish but again, I've had solid contracts for a few years now so I guess I've just not been arsed.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Why should I steal someone else CV??? I can work with templates and change the layout
    Make sure you put a recent picture of yourself at the top of the CV. Or if sending electronically make it a gif and make it snazzy.

Leave a comment:

• abu1
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Steal someone else's CV, "Tech Mahindra" can give you a few pointers!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Thanks, I will need to work on my CV
    Steal someone else's CV, "Tech Mahindra" can give you a few pointers!

Leave a comment:

• abu1
    replied
    Thanks, I will need to work on my CV

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Keep an eye on the notices here. We have regular CV webinars which should help.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Yes

I used these guys in the past

https://cvandinterviewadvisors.co.uk

Not cheap, but seems to work for me

Also start learning STAR interview technique and have all your answers ready for the interview

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    As you all know a good CV is the key to landing an interview and eventually a job. I am currently looking at redoing my CV as its dated .

was wondering if there are good examples for IT CV's geared towards management and service delivery.

https://www.jobhero.com/resume-sampl...livery-manager

Failing that, use google for some other samples and do it yourself.

Personally I wouldn't pay anyone to 'do my CV' for me - you yourself are best placed to know pertinent systems, methodologies etc... to insert into it.

Leave a comment:

• abu1
    started a topic Good IT CV. Anyone use CV writing companies?

Good IT CV. Anyone use CV writing companies?

Working...
X