• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hold that Trump Nobel peace prize"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Look chum, I know you are obsessed with telling the world how virtuous you are and how awful western society and people are but please don't post photos of corpses on the boards to make your asinine political points. Most of us here have sufficient education to understand the complexities and tragedies of the past without the help of pompous sanctimonious buffoons like you. Get yourself a hobby, a girlfriend or a better contract - and give it a rest, please.
    Aw diddums, tulip happens in the real world but you can continue to believe in Unicorns

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    echt?! That moment when you learn the photographer isn't who you thought.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Look chum, I know you are obsessed with telling the world how virtuous you are and how awful western society and people are but please don't post photos of corpses on the boards to make your asinine political points. Most of us here have sufficient education to understand the complexities and tragedies of the past without the help of pompous sanctimonious buffoons like you. Get yourself a hobby, a girlfriend or a better contract - and give it a rest, please.
    One wonders if there's some German or Swiss contractors' board that would suit said posters better, seeing as all they ever post here is stuff denigrating the UK.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Wasn't happening too long ago with Britain's special friend:

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Do we need pictures like this posted?
    Last edited by mudskipper; 15 May 2018, 22:13.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    A slight hiccup has now arisen: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ime=1526410433

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    Is it my imagination or is there a person of colour in the foreground of that pic that they've obscured somewhat as his presence doesn't fit the narrative?
    It's your imagination. A few years ago you didn't have ultra-sensitive film or sensors in cameras, so low light exposures took time. People were asked to stand still, but if you had someone who moved their head, it would appear a blur.

Anyway, tell us why you love Saudi Arabia?

Leave a comment:

• The Castle Cary Fairy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

<mod snip image removed>
    Is it my imagination or is there a person of colour in the foreground of that pic that they've obscured somewhat as his presence doesn't fit the narrative?
    Last edited by WTFH; 16 May 2018, 08:05. Reason: <mod snip quoted image removed>

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    [QUOTE=darmstadt;2553063]Wasn't happening too long ago with Britain's special friend:

<mod snip image removed>/QUOTE]

That still happens now in many places in Africa where the slave trade still thrives

or is that everyone else's fault to?
    Last edited by WTFH; 16 May 2018, 08:04. Reason: <mod snip quoted image removed>

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Yes, lovey indeed

I hope the sight of petty criminals and adulteresses dangling by the neck from cranes doesn't put you off your coffee.

<mod snip image removed>

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Yes, lovey indeed

I hope the sight of petty criminals and adulteresses dangling by the neck from cranes doesn't put you off your coffee.
    I suppose the starbucks coffee shop at BAE Systems tastes better. It's many miles away from the exported munitions that find its way to Saudi before it's dropped on Yemen civilians. Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Exposed: British-made bombs used on civilian targets in Yemen
    Last edited by scooterscot; 11 May 2018, 11:08.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Whatever he meant when he was campaigning. He talked about getting out of foreign intervention, bringing troops back and spending the money at home instead.

Don't go to Saudi then either.
    If conditions were right then I'm sure the troops would be brought back. However, we don't live in a utopian world.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Fixing America? How?
    Whatever he meant when he was campaigning. He talked about getting out of foreign intervention, bringing troops back and spending the money at home instead.

Yes, lovey indeed

Don't go to Saudi then either.

Leave a comment:

• The Castle Cary Fairy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    An Iranian friend here in Munich, who moved with his wife to dodge service; really nice guy and very intelligent often talks to me about how much he misses life back home. A subject I can sympathise with given my lust for fatty foods in Scotty land. In particular it's small things, like drinking coffee in the afternoon sun by Khaju Bridge.

It sounds lovey and I hope to visit one day.

Yes, lovey indeed

Last edited by The Castle Cary Fairy; 11 May 2018, 10:07.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    An Iranian friend here in Munich, who moved with his wife to dodge service; really nice guy and very intelligent often talks to me about how much he misses life back home. A subject I can sympathise with given my lust for fatty foods in Scotty land. In particular it's small things, like drinking coffee in the afternoon sun by Khaju Bridge.

It sounds lovey and I hope to visit one day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X