• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Gender Binarism

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gender Binarism"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Male
    Female
    None of the above

Don't we have some of our very own Canadian Applicants on CUK....?
    Last edited by greenlake; 26 April 2018, 15:16.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I think you'll find it's the Left who are super PC.
    WGAS what you think.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The point I made earlier which you clearly didn't understand is doctors and midwives sex babies on their external sex organs. If the external organs don't match what is inside or their chromosomes then they can be sexed wrongly at birth. There are now lots of examples of this coming to light thanks mainly to female athletes who discovered they were intersex in later childhood.
    Pretty sure you will find they will be correct in 99.9999% of the cases though.

Very few people are born with a knob and womb.

Or a fanny n balls.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Political correctness is mostly a flag waved by the right to try to shut down the freedom of speech to call out bigotry.
    I think you'll find it's the Left who are super PC.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The Marxist replacement for common courtesy and decency. Limiting thought to prescribed areas.
    Political correctness is mostly a flag waved by the right to try to shut down the freedom of speech to call out bigotry.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You are mistaking sex and gender, one's sex is easier to define, ones gender is not .
    I think you may be wrong on that one

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour....0.qgviuImRhLU

I just thought it was a case of the old in out in out.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Not really point i was trying to make it you are born 'male sex' , 'female sex' or 'intersex' and that cannot be denied.

You can label yourself with what you want.

But what you cannot do is try and deny your biological birth sex.
    The point I made earlier which you clearly didn't understand is doctors and midwives sex babies on their external sex organs. If the external organs don't match what is inside or their chromosomes then they can be sexed wrongly at birth. There are now lots of examples of this coming to light thanks mainly to female athletes who discovered they were intersex in later childhood.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You are mistaking sex and gender, one's sex is easier to define, ones gender is not .
    Not really point i was trying to make it you are born 'male sex' , 'female sex' or 'intersex' and that cannot be denied.

You can label yourself with what you want.

But what you cannot do is try and deny your biological birth sex.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The thing is there are very few people who are not either male or female - in that they are born with male reproductive organs or female reproductive organs - neuter/hermaphrodite or intersex as they are collectively known are very very rare.

So the chance of being biologically misgendered is actually pretty much zero.

But remember we are not talking about people who are clearly biologically male but want to use a female pro noun because they feel they should be female because that is nothing to do with biological misgendering, instead it is to do with people choosing which gender role they wish to follow .. for today anyway.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I'm a lesbian in a man's body
    Well I suppose you could call it a man's body.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    I'm a lesbian in a man's body

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Male
    Female
    None of the above

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Is it political correctness gone mad?
    That's not what I said at all.

It's government gone mad.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Much of it is just common courtesy.
    The Marxist replacement for common courtesy and decency. Limiting thought to prescribed areas.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Political correctness is mad, always has been. There's no going or gone about it. Nothing more than newspeak. ++good.
    Much of it is just common courtesy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X