• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Netflix / Amazon Recommends"

Collapse

• Largely Ginny
    replied
    Just finished watching Kaleidoscope. Absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed that. Anything with yer man Giancarlo Esposito in is always top notch (with the exception of Revolution)

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    +1 for The Boys. Very creative. I hate superhero crap, so I was massively skeptical when someone recommended it, but it's good, totally novel.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I know a lot of people would just find it too OTT (like the bath scene in Breaking Bad) but it's done cleverly I feel not just "let's be gross". I heard an interview with Karl Urban and as he put it "you won't have seen this anywhere else".

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

If it hasn't been mentioned, it really should be. I've recently ploughed through S2 to be ready for S3, they don't let up in scenes that you cannot un-see. I like the concept and it's very slickly done - also really like all the very thinly veiled rip-offs of other famous heroes. Homelandler is genuinely a rather disturbing character and only gets more so, although he reminds me quite a bit of Philip Schofield for some reason.
    Shock and feckin gore! Some is a bit much.

I think the point is that the major corporations form the image of a super hero and that is what they are lampooning.

Philip Schofield you are right on the surface clean cut and homely underneath cheating on his wife. Makes sense. I went to Mandleslime as a role model.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    I think its been mentioned in this chat before but The Boys on Prime.
    First 15min of episode 1, Season 2 was.....something
    If it hasn't been mentioned, it really should be. I've recently ploughed through S2 to be ready for S3, they don't let up in scenes that you cannot un-see. I like the concept and it's very slickly done - also really like all the very thinly veiled rip-offs of other famous heroes. Homelandler is genuinely a rather disturbing character and only gets more so, although he reminds me quite a bit of Philip Schofield for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    replied
    I think its been mentioned in this chat before but The Boys on Prime.
    First 15min of episode 1, Season 2 was.....something

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied
    I have re assessed my opinion of Stranger Things. Having now made it to ep 4 I admit to being hooked.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post
    FOG
    off you trot

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    FOG

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied
    I was worried what I was going to watch to get my viewing fix once Ozark had finished so I checked out The Lincoln Lawyer - really good series, a little bit Hawaii-5-0-esque with the peripheral characters but the central plot is good.

I'm also struggling picking things up that haven't screened for 2 or 3 years with me normally rewatching the final episode of the last season that was screened. That works with a show like Saul with a normal plot but Stranger Things?? I think I'm going to just have to ditch that as I didn't even know what was going on in the first place. At least it's not so full of annoying kids now. Or perhaps it's because the annoying kids have grown up.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That got announced many years ago to great fanfare and then died a death. Did it actually launch? I shall investigate.

As long as I can set up a series link to record shows I want to watch and download them to the PC attached to my TV then that's all the functionality I need. BBC iPlayer manages this very well (although you have to wait for the first episode to air before you can set it up). No other TV provider seems to do the same.
    Its out I was looking at it back in 2018.

There are some good advert driven IPTV sources. I like IMDB's content though they need to up their ad variety. Pluto.tv are also doing some good stuff.

series recording is a pain sadly.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm just approaching the end of the 4th and final season of Last Man on Earth on Amazon. It shouldn't really work but I ended up really enjoying it. Nice short, easy-watching episodes too. Plus it's got January Jones in (Don's wife from Mad Men), on the topic of easy-watching. The Mad Men joke is very good... don't spoil it anyone.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    That got announced many years ago to great fanfare and then died a death. Did it actually launch? I shall investigate.

As long as I can set up a series link to record shows I want to watch and download them to the PC attached to my TV then that's all the functionality I need. BBC iPlayer manages this very well (although you have to wait for the first episode to air before you can set it up). No other TV provider seems to do the same.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    LM - this

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...his-month.html

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Can't get Sky where I am.
    You can if you use thier idiotic IPTV offering (with free TV)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X