• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Commercial Loans

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Commercial Loans"

Collapse

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Fair Challenge

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    I’ve seen such promises in the past, some work as you say above, some go pear shaped soon when the CFO try’s to sign off £20K expenses without a contact or setup new suppliers without proper procedure etc

All you have at the moment is a promise from friends (probably playing the big man to impress)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Agree, Fair Challenge. I am looking for some fall back plans in case things doesn't go as per plans. Plenty contracts available in areas of IT Audit, SOx work and Controls Transformation, what I primarily do. Thanks indeed for the comments.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
    Mostly Yes, I am an Adviser so I don't work full-time for any Clients now and I will not be working full time in future either. Most of Clients (a lot of FTSE100 and equivalents) will continue working with me and we will sort T&C in June as my LWD is 28 June and I will kick off myself not before 9 July 2019. A risk I agree, but I am talking to CFO/Finance Controller/Chief Risk Officer so I count on them (hopefully?) as I had known them very well (including their Families TBH) for last 4-5 years at least. Making sense or I am going into a wrong territory?

Thanks for pointing out indeed.
    I’ve seen such promises in the past, some work as you say above, some go pear shaped soon when the CFO try’s to sign off £20K expenses without a contact or setup new suppliers without proper procedure etc

All you have at the moment is a promise from friends (probably playing the big man to impress)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Can't see much good coming out of all this. If you've got an accountant try speaking to them first. All this trickling information is useless

Or inneresting...

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Very Good Question

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Pay them personally and just expense them back when you've been paid. Its not rocket science.

B2B payment terms can be anything up to 90 days. How can you have work lined up if you haven't agreed terms? Just a promise?
    Mostly Yes, I am an Adviser so I don't work full-time for any Clients now and I will not be working full time in future either. Most of Clients (a lot of FTSE100 and equivalents) will continue working with me and we will sort T&C in June as my LWD is 28 June and I will kick off myself not before 9 July 2019. A risk I agree, but I am talking to CFO/Finance Controller/Chief Risk Officer so I count on them (hopefully?) as I had known them very well (including their Families TBH) for last 4-5 years at least. Making sense or I am going into a wrong territory?

Thanks for pointing out indeed.

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Accountant

I assumed from that question he hadn't got one TBH
    Nope, I got one however his fees are negligible comparing to my expenses. Even in my full time role now (similar), I incur expenses in excess of £5K per month at least, so a bit worried about what will happen in future and how I can afford the outstanding payments.

Is it worth considering some initial business loans may be? I have very little savings (house and little one's private school took most of it) and partner has decent monthly earnings (a little over £3K) and just £15K in ISA.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Pay them personally and just expense them back when you've been paid. Its not rocket science.

B2B payment terms can be anything up to 90 days. How can you have work lined up if you haven't agreed terms? Just a promise?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 14 May 2019, 21:56.

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Expenses

Stick some of your money in. Your accountant will deal with it as a directors loan and you just pay yourself it back when you've got the funds.

What do you envisage you'll need money for?
    Mostly paying expenses - I have 2 Clients line up - 1 in Amsterdam and 1 in Sharjah, so I envision 1 weekly trip to Amsterdam and 1 monthly (agreed 2 days / per month) to Sharjah. BA Business Class flights to Dubai can cost a fortune. How is payment terms with Clients usually? Can you negotiate? As am starting I don't want to haggle but setting some good foundation stone would be good for both side and I need some money too, don't I?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Paying for the accountant perhaps?
    I assumed from that question he hadn't got one TBH

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Stick some of your money in. Your accountant will deal with it as a directors loan and you just pay yourself it back when you've got the funds.

Paying for the accountant perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
    Hi

Newbie so should be excused from silly questions. I have applied for Natwest Business Bank Account and Amex Gold Charge Card. Do I start with a blank account or top up with some personal money or get a small personal business loan to start with?

Don't have a warchest unfortunately. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Initial Money in Business Bank Account

Hi

Newbie so should be excused from silly questions. I have applied for Natwest Business Bank Account and Amex Gold Charge Card. Do I start with a blank account or top up with some personal money or get a small personal business loan to start with?

Don't have a warchest unfortunately. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    To be honest, if you can marry the shovel with a sledge we've got a winner. Dragons Den here I come!
    Like this, you mean....?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Is that the slogan for your new product line....?

To be honest, if you can marry the shovel with a sledge we've got a winner. Dragons Den here I come!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You can't shift tulip with a shovel?
    Is that the slogan for your new product line....?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    What are you trying to say?
    You can't shift tulip with a shovel?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X