• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Snow? What snow?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Snow? What snow?"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Hope that's not the sales patter you use to sell your sledges.
    I reckon this was a desperate act by Toys R Us and Maplins to sell sledges before they went bankrupt.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Right, just driven back. Nottingham, M1, M25, M3. Took 2.40 to get back a little bit of snow in Luton and a smattering as I came round the corner.

Snow storm my arse, it's a big con like the Moon Landings.
    Hope that's not the sales patter you use to sell your sledges.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Right, just driven back. Nottingham, M1, M25, M3. Took 2.40 to get back a little bit of snow in Luton and a smattering as I came round the corner.

Snow storm my arse, it's a big con like the Moon Landings.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Still not a flake of settled snow in Bristol, but I gather there's a load on its way tonight ..

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Up to a foot now. We're snowed in - private road and no snowplough for the lawnmower And then our access is in the bottom of a steep valley which despite being a bus route, hasn't been gritted. I was watching people coming down the hill backwards, doing a 3-point turn and reversing up the other side just now.

All schools round here are shut today, unlike yesterday when we had heavy snow but people went anyway. It's been snowing since Monday night and sitting around -2 during the day, so it's not going to disappear anytime soon.

Sadly, the snow is so dry and soft the sledge just sticks.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Up to a foot now. We're snowed in - private road and no snowplough for the lawnmower And then our access is in the bottom of a steep valley which despite being a bus route, hasn't been gritted. I was watching people coming down the hill backwards, doing a 3-point turn and reversing up the other side just now.

All schools round here are shut today, unlike yesterday when we had heavy snow but people went anyway. It's been snowing since Monday night and sitting around -2 during the day, so it's not going to disappear anytime soon.

Sadly, the snow is so dry and soft the sledge just sticks.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Snowing quite a lot here in Clontarf, Dublin.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    very lucky

Originally posted by Soho View Post
    You're lucky then I guess.
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    had a couple of inches This morning, Staying indoors with my hot chocolate.
    Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Soho
    replied
    You're lucky then I guess.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I didn't realise it had snowed a bit yesterday until I popped out and discovered how icy the pavements were - had had a couple of inches. This morning, the snow has encroached into my little patio so I dread to think what it's like out on the street.

Staying indoors with my hot chocolate.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Snow? What snow?
    Don't fret. Sledges can be used on mud too....

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Lucky you, I just got home now from canary wharf - over 3 hours stranded in a pub watching the football and 1/2 roast chicken - never again

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Snow what ye think it is

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've seen more snow round admins nose mate.

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    What a joke?

I got up this morning at 7.00am, left the house at 7.30. Drove up the M3, around the M25, up the M1 150 miles to Nottingham.

It took me 2.5 hours in rush hour and was the fastest journey I've ever done for the same route. Didn't snow once.

Load of rubbish.
    Very lucky - it took just shy of 25 minutes to get into the tube station last night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X