• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: RIP Mark E Smith

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "RIP Mark E Smith"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    One of the groups I stumbled upon via the Peel Sessions. Never really got into them back then, recall only liking the odd song or two of those he played.

Upon hearing the news I did think of looking up their 'best songs' catalogue to see if they appealed more now.

Easy to do via YouTube before deciding whether to get the new/used CD(s) from Amazon or MusicMagpie for better quality than the crappy MP3 streaming/download options. On my 'to do' list for later.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Very sad, of course. The Fall were tulip though...
    There was a shortage of good musicians willing to work with him.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Mark E. Smith, kuff dam. A loss to music eccentricity

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    0 - I am removing his post count before I ban him

Always different, always the same. Never rubbish though.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Aye, he is worth more than a casual mention in the dead celebrities thread. He was not a celebrity, he was a legend. Time for a drink.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    I am listening now. Gutted.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    started a topic RIP Mark E Smith

RIP Mark E Smith

I know its been mentioned on the dead celebs thread, but I am supprised at how this as affected me.
    I listen to the Fall a lot and they have always been in my musical background.

I used to see him out and about as he lived near me.

Tomorrow I shall mostly be listening to the Fall

Working...
X