• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I might just be a whisky man!"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Go for the really good stuff, I remember a pub I used to drink in had these:

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Laphroaig is an acquired taste. Thankfully I have acquired it. If you find yourself in possession of some that you have no use for simply send it to me then I can help myself to it.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The snag is single malt, much as I like it, is _too_ smooth.

To enjoy neat whisky, you have to feel it burning its way down your throat and seering the lining of your tum. So arguably, the cheapest harshest gut rot is the way to go.
    May I suggest this for Sir? Five budget whiskies that tell your dad it hasn’t been the best year for you financially

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    If anyone likes Islay malts and loves getting off their tits]
    That would be most of us.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreenBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    If you're on a budget, industrial ethanol can be substituted for vodka....

If anyone likes Islay malts and loves getting off their tits I strongly recommend: https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskie...rength-whisky/

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Laphroaigh's worth a try if you want peaty flavours
    Laphroaigh is disgusting. Smells like germaline and tastes worse.

My beau bought a bottle and left it at mine for when he fancies a post-prandial. He knows there's no chance of me helping myself to it.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
    I've always thought that you could get a pretty good Approximation of whisky by mushing up some cardboard and some ash tray contents in vodka, but whatever floats your boat
    If you're on a budget, industrial ethanol can be substituted for vodka....

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
    I've always thought that you could get a pretty good Approximation of whisky by mushing up some cardboard and some ash tray contents in vodka, but whatever floats your boat
    That's not whiskey, that's Tequila.

Leave a comment:

• jds 1981
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    These are currently being tried here:

https://slyrs.com/de/#

http://www.whesskey.de/index.php

However I have some very nice single and cask Scottish ones which I picked up here: WhiskyDungeon.com - Shop und Bar in Münster und online and this is really, really nice: https://www.glenfahrn.com/de/shop/pr...1988-4001.html

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I don't know much at all about whisky, but drinking a first edition, single malt distilled at Dailuaine 2004 Speyside Region (does this mean anything to anyone).

And.. have to admit it's lovely. Have I just won the lottery of whiskeys or can you get better?
    The snag is single malt, much as I like it, is _too_ smooth.

To enjoy neat whisky, you have to feel it burning its way down your throat and seering the lining of your tum. So arguably, the cheapest harshest gut rot is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    OTOH if you've only got Lagavulin, I'll drink it!
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    ...I went a got a bottle of Lagavulin but I can't seem to drink it
    Send it over then.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Makes no sense to buy a bottle every time to find out
    That's crazy talk.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    The good thing about joining the Whisky society, £80 last I checked but that's for previous members, is you can taste every Whisky in the bar without paying a penny. How do you know which one you'll like? Makes no sense to buy a bottle every time to find out.

Of course you can get plastered just on tasters.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    very good,

and what about good old Jack ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I have a very old Macallan or however it is spelt.

Anybody any views of The Macallan

Milan.
    Lovely one from the spare bedroom window.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X