• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Running, what's stopping you from running to the office?"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    What's stopping you from exercising and being more like me, good looking and not fat?
    I'm following woohoo's rigorous exercise programme, and I don't think I've ever looked better, even though I say so myself....

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    bad enough going to work but running to it -

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    I sometimes run a bath in the morning. does that count?

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Woohoo are you particularly bored today!?
    I like to take time out for my day to help the CUK community. If that's wrong I don't want to be right.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    I "run" every morning, takes me 25 minutes to reach the office.

Which is surprising, since I'm mostly working from home these days. Maybe I need to get my fitness checked out?

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Just a get one of those running prams and stick your laptop in there. Probably get your lunch in there to along with a flash of nice coffee.
    Woohoo are you particularly bored today!?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    92 miles is a bit of a long run every morning and evening

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I knew somebody would comment! It's actually got a decent 500GB SSD primary drive and then a 2TB secondary drive. I could probably upgrade now, but it was an expensive game at the time.

I think I've also got a spinning USB HDD in my bag - that should probably be migrated to be fair!

Either way, I definitely wouldn't be taking my own laptop on a run!
    Just a get one of those running prams and stick your laptop in there. Probably get your lunch in there to along with a flash of nice coffee.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Spinning disks? This is 2010 calling. They want their laptop back....
    I knew somebody would comment! It's actually got a decent 500GB SSD primary drive and then a 2TB secondary drive. I could probably upgrade now, but it was an expensive game at the time.

I think I've also got a spinning USB HDD in my bag - that should probably be migrated to be fair!

Either way, I definitely wouldn't be taking my own laptop on a run!

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Spinning disks? This is 2010 calling. They want their laptop back....

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Well, I know I can (Alright, could, I'm a bit out of training) run a decent cross country 10 miles with around 15kg of luggage. But, it's really not good for a laptop to be running with it and I still have spinning disks!

That and showering at work and dealing with getting shirts there is a PITA.

The other thing is that I much prefer to run on an evening. I've never got this thing of running in the morning being a good start to the day - I always feel very much like I got up early and went for a run. I.e., tired, worn out and in no mood for work.

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Can you catch herpes from yourself?
    In theory the type that attacks your lips and the type that attacks your genitals are two different types. So in theory good to go? Now to remove one more rib so I can become a master of analingus.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    I realise this is likely a BS thread. I run to the office semi regularly, but having to carry a 15" MBP and a change of clothes, in my backpack is suboptimal, and I find I'm starting to hurt a bit after the 10k in, and my legs are pretty shot by the time I get home.

I guess I could buy a cheap 2nd hand laptop and leave it at clientco for when I'm there. What do you do?
    I drive a car?

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    We all know it's important to keep fit. But I understand from some of the comment on here that a few of you are fat and ugly.

What's stopping you from exercising and being more like me, good looking and not fat?
    I realise this is likely a BS thread. I run to the office semi regularly, but having to carry a 15" MBP and a change of clothes, in my backpack is suboptimal, and I find I'm starting to hurt a bit after the 10k in, and my legs are pretty shot by the time I get home.

I guess I could buy a cheap 2nd hand laptop and leave it at clientco for when I'm there. What do you do?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    But don't you find that one arm looks over developed compared to the other?
    Not if you do them both equally

Leave a comment:

Working...
X