• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Politics, what's stopping you from running for office?"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Please don’t slag off users who voluntarily chose to take a time out.

...oh and the key word in the title is “running”

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    MF is obviously on the sex pest list.
    Mechanically, he's too fat. He'd like to be a sex pest, but he's had to settle for general pest.

Politician, hmm.

Don't they mainly do that to score some ludicrously overpaid consultancy after a couple of years?

Whereas contractors cut out the crap in the middle.

Win.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    there's more utility in life learning about my surroundings and understanding nature than that desire politicians seem to have in controlling others through the abuse of power

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    For a bunch of mercenary contractors, I’m surprised that no-one has said “because they don’t pay enough”.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    You'll have had to have lived a very colourful life to be less suitable than a large number of current MPs.
    I dread to think what would come out of the woodwork.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Not much of an obstacle these days, it would seem...
    yeah but they are all getting caught now - even a rogue touch of the knee is enough to get kicked out of the cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I'm a poor liar and I'm sure I would give direct answers. Not sure how long I would last, telling the truth.

Plus I'm pro brexit and don't like religion (any religion). Plus I want rid of the monarchy, or just keep Megan. So I don't think I fit any electorate.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    You'll have had to have lived a very colourful life to be less suitable than a large number of current MPs.
    Let’s face it any of us that regularly post here will have said enough to render us untouchable from an electorate point of view. I wouldn’t have it any other way. [emoji91]

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    MF is obviously on the sex pest list. But what's stopping the rest of you?
    Not much of an obstacle these days, it would seem...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Ah, you mean just like the House of Lords? That explains a hell of a lot...
    Bloody Nepotism!!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Not CUK office. That wasn't election, that was nomination followed by investiture.
    Ah, you mean just like the House of Lords? That explains a hell of a lot...

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I've lived a life. My past would render me an unsuitable candidate.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've lived a life. My past would render me an unsuitable candidate.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Ah, I would. But I'm not resident in the UK.
    phew, that's one less worry.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
    Prior experience.
    Politicians only think they're running the country. They're not. They have zero clout unless a they're a Cabinet Minister and even then hardly any.
    Civil servants are running the country. That is where the power is.
    Perhaps at the country wide level but at the local level perhaps they can still change things for the local community.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X