• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Outsourcing mess

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Outsourcing mess"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I agree with everything apart from selling the current building. I quite like it. Though I suppose you could convert it, like a church conversion. Has it's own bar and restaurant, so its got the basics covered.
    A museum. It's the mother of parliaments supposedly. Should draw as many people as the Tower.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Creating a Northern House rail network to link Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle?

Then creating a new parliament somewhere in the middle and selling the current building for houses?
    I agree with everything apart from selling the current building. I quite like it. Though I suppose you could convert it, like a church conversion. Has it's own bar and restaurant, so its got the basics covered.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    The anti-HS2 brigade don't offer an alternative to massively increasing the capacity of the West Coast Main Line, which is full.
    Creating a Northern House rail network to link Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle?

Then creating a new parliament somewhere in the middle and selling the current building for houses?

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Ok, so they may need longer platforms. In the meantime have the train stop twice at each station, once for each end of the train.
    Couldn't they just slow down to 1MPH, open the doors and let everyone jump out as they glide through the station?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Isn't Philip Green tied to the Tory Gov. as some kind of financial adviser?
    He apparently was removed from the role in December 2016 but no official press release can be found until April 2017.

(Was listening to LBC earlier were Downing Street phoned up to "correct" the presenters. )

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    The anti-HS2 brigade don't offer an alternative to massively increasing the capacity of the West Coast Main Line, which is full.
    They can double the capacity overnight by doubling the length of the existing trains.

Ok, so they may need longer platforms. In the meantime have the train stop twice at each station, once for each end of the train.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So now Carillion has gone under, the Government can safely cancel the ridiculous EU-mandated white elephant?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Could it be the HS2 project was only being kept alive to try and avoid Carillion going under?

So now Carillion has gone under, the Government can safely cancel the ridiculous EU-mandated white elephant?

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Isn't Philip Green tied to the Tory Gov. as some kind of financial adviser?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cburridge
    replied

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    And....they are gone!!

2 £ billion contracts awarded since the first profit warning and yet collapsed like a pack of cards.

Any CUK members affected?
    Yes, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    I did have to check that the chairman wasn't that Philip Green of BHS notoriety.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I lost a few grand on that one hoping it would bounce. Bailed before it went bankrupt, but no bounce :-(
    I heard they dished out divs as late as July!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I bet a lot of fat cats made their short term money in all this mess. Win contracts by bidding the lowest and pocket the sales commission.

Carillion share price: Behind the scenes of the construction giant's annus horribilis | City A.M.

I lost a few grand on that one hoping it would bounce. Bailed before it went bankrupt, but no bounce :-(

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    And....they are gone!!

2 £ billion contracts awarded since the first profit warning and yet collapsed like a pack of cards.

Any CUK members affected?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X