• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oh dear 77749

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh dear 77749"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    But how does this relate to the fact that Muslim migrants from Syria, Iraq & Afghanistan are not the ones committing the crimes?
    The report made that very clear.
    Less likey is the claim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ye..._and_detainees

HTH but I doubt it will.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Then you have cultures here where men born here are not exposed to women and therefore can't relate to women properly.
    Indeed. All those who went to public school.

I love the stories MrsBP tells me from boarding school before she found boys. Sex with 2 different girls in one night.

A pity she does not relive her childhood more often.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    There you go soon as someone tries to discuss an issue you shout racist.
    racist!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Oh dear 77749

But how does this relate to the fact that Muslim migrants from Syria, Iraq & Afghanistan are not the ones committing the crimes?
    The report made that very clear.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Almost 20% of the prison population is Muslim, from a civilian pollution of about 5%. These figures are replicated across Europe.

We have codified our values in our legal system and our Muslim 'friends' don't share them.
    I think my point was different. You have migrants from cultures that aren't used to women dressing and behaving in a normal way in our country and react inappropriately and sometimes illegally. Then you have cultures here where men born here are not exposed to women and therefore can't relate to women properly. I don't know how this relates to prison populations.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Almost 20% of the prison population is Muslim, from a civilian pollution of about 5%. These figures are replicated across Europe.

We have codified our values in our legal system and our Muslim 'friends' don't share them.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    And in others, they are swept under the carpet and ignored, because they don't fit the required profile to raise the blood pressure among racists?
    There you go soon as someone tries to discuss an issue you shout racist.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Yes but there are real problems with some cultures.
    And in others, they are swept under the carpet and ignored, because they don't fit the required profile to raise the blood pressure among racists?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    You are in denial if you don't think there is a problem. I was at a dinner and one of the women there mentioned she was out in Blackburn town centre and was spat at by a Indian/Pakistani gentleman - nice eh. Then the other women mentioned the issues that they had from being followed by men of Indian/Pakistani origin to being made to feel uncomfortable in taxis by the driver. We mentioned that on our dog walk we walked with a lady that had also been followed on her way back to her car from work by a Indian/Pakistani man.

There is definitely a problem with some cultures assimilating.
    Over New Year I saw a number of women being hassled and some of it was quite obnoxious. Sadly it was people of a certain culture too however it won't be reported in the press because they weren't coloured, weren't migrants, didn't follow a certain religion but you can continue to vilify other cultures if you want...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Plenty of sexist men from all cultures.

Yes but there are real problems with some cultures.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You are in denial if you don't think there is a problem. I was at a dinner and one of the women there mentioned she was out in Blackburn town centre and was spat at by a Indian/Pakistani gentleman - nice eh. Then the other women mentioned the issues that they had from being followed by men of Indian/Pakistani origin to being made to feel uncomfortable in taxis by the driver. We mentioned that on our dog walk we walked with a lady that had also been followed on her way back to her car from work by a Indian/Pakistani man.

Plenty of sexist men from all cultures.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I wonder why vetran picked on an article about migrants in a foreign country rather than, say, one about the rise of facism in his own country: Five men and a woman arrested in 'National Action' raids | Daily Mail Online

It does make you think about his own politics...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The crime rate has increased among certain groups, not others, but you think that is unfair to point this out.
    no its perfectly ok to point it out. However just because some do not commit crimes because they have a reason not to does not excuse the others or pretend it is not happening. Your attacking me as being racially motivated to try and discredit the truth is pretty unpleasant but hey do what you want...

Personally I believe the economic migration disguised as asylum seeking is attracting some very unpleasant people to make the journey, that is not to say all are unpleasant. However it makes sense a good percentage of economic migrants have a reason to reboot their life in a new country some of the reasons may not be just financial.

Maybe we are just wasting our time with this ?:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...heck-sc8rlmjnv

as you can see our friends don't think much of it

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-c...-brexit-talks/

Bunch of racists the UK Government!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    however overall the crime rate has increased.

yet you think its unfair to point this out.

Oh Well
    The crime rate has increased among certain groups, not others, but you think that is unfair to point this out.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Wow, you are so full of BS, I don’t know where to start.

Yes, the BBC, hated by the Mail and all its worshippers, makes the point correctly - those refugees/migrants/immigrants/foreigners who are not likely to be refused asylum are less likely to commit crime.
    Please highlight where in your holy newspaper that it mentions that.
    however overall the crime rate has increased.

yet you think its unfair to point this out.

Oh Well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X