• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 1st day back...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "1st day back..."

Collapse

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Nah. Dont miss it one bit. Despite what one or two dullards on here like to think.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Jeez when you're married 20+years and got a few kids you hardly remember those days of where shall we go for holidays/weekends away.......

Believe it or not I'm 50 this year but little chance of being able to swing a weekend away without the kids....
    Leave them with your Dad! Might teach them a bit of gratitude.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Off to Oz for a month in February. Will probably aim to get away in the summer too.

Intend to work as little as I can get away with this year.
    Go for it old son, life isn't a rehearsal

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Off to Oz for a month in February. Will probably aim to get away in the summer too.

Intend to work as little as I can get away with this year.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Jeez when you're married 20+years and got a few kids you hardly remember those days of where shall we go for holidays/weekends away.......

Believe it or not I'm 50 this year but little chance of being able to swing a weekend away without the kids....
    I'm nearly 50, have been married for over 20 years, have three kids, and my wife and I often have weekends away. It all depends on how you arrange your life.

Tip: have the kids while you're young. My youngest kid will be 21 this year.

I can't book my summer holiday yet - need to know when the kids are taking theirs, so we can ensure someone is home to look after the cat. We're going to get a holiday home somewhere in Portugal for a week or two.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Damn kids....

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Aaah yes - reminds me I must look at the Easter Excusion. Where is guaranteed hot in Easter and isn't Sharm el Sheikh or in a similar part of the world?
    Maldives? We had a look at lots of different places, Singapore also came up, but that's a mission away. Pretty sure Cancun is getting warm at that time of year isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Believe it or not I'm 50 this year but little chance of being able to have a weekend away swinging without the kids....
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Girlfriend and I spent our NYE booking ours! Although not a summer holiday, February sun chasing in Miami!
    Aaah yes - reminds me I must look at the Easter Excusion. Where is guaranteed hot in Easter and isn't Sharm el Sheikh or in a similar part of the world?

Leave a comment:

• mattfx
    replied
    Girlfriend and I spent our NYE booking ours! Although not a summer holiday, February sun chasing in Miami!

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    started a topic 1st day back...

1st day back...

Summer holiday booked

If I'm being forced to 'adult' then I shall adult in a way that makes me feel better.

Working...
X