• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Professional working day - hang on now agency!"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    When they make a film of your life, and they will, I want the agent to be played by Anthony Hopkins for this part of the story.
    PC- You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the Agents?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    My contract says an average 40 hour week. Some weeks it's more, some weeks it's less. Tend to do 0800 - 1630 (especially when going onto client site as that avoids the worst of commuter hell) but will flex the start/finish according to workload.

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    pwd is print working directory.....

My contract says 8 hrs a day, higher ups on site are telling me to put 7 hrs a day in the client time booking system because it looks to them like I'm claiming an hour a day overtime, but I just make sure I'm first in and last out, nowt much else to do around here.
    I always thought it was Present working directory. My contract says nothing about working hours. But I generally do 9-5.30 or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Alma73
    replied
    I work 8 hours a day and finds it quite enough

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Rank stupidity tends to have that affect on me.

Now I know you don't know what PWD is I can calm down.
    He was stuck at the P

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Duw. Calm down a bit mun nluk you're head is going to explode butti!
    Rank stupidity tends to have that affect on me.

Now I know you don't know what PWD is I can calm down.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 6 December 2017, 10:08.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Duw. Calm down a bit mun nluk you're head is going to explode butti!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Ah yes but most of the stuff in NLUKS head is a world where hes the head honcho consultant who knows it all and I'm 1st line desktop support helpdesk.

Not sure what he does but Im afraid I've never done 1st line support ever I'm afraid. At least if I'm going to get abuse then have some truth in it.
    Not even when he was engaged as a 1st line support technician.

A simple adaptation of Carousel's "You'll Never Walk Alone" and it could be a musical:

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Same old boring post from NLUK. Could just cut and paste same one every time.

If you really feel the need to abuse some one else to make yourself feel good, then crack on. Doing my bit for the nluk community.
    The irony is killing me. It's in response to the same old boring whinge from you which always get's moved to General (has this not dawned on you yet?) and get's the same level of piss take from everyone else, not me. Chirst, even JamesBrown has had a pop and he's one of the most laid back posters on the forum!

Posting dumb brain farts over and over is going to illicit the same responses over and over.

Didn't actually mention 1st line this time...

Never trust an agency though. If after 8 months someone at client or agency wants to change from pws with no hours listed to hours listed then I;m a bit wary.
    But WGAS? It's a form filling exercise for purchasing. It's got absolutely squat to do with what and how you do. And who the hell uses the lower figure. You say 7.5 to 8. They are just going to use the rounded number. It's just easier. You are never going to round it down when dealing with finance either, just asking for trouble. Why the hell are you getting so worked up about absolutely nothing.

IMO you are totally wrong in this case. Agent has just put 8 in because you mentioned it and it's easier to type in to their forms. Period.

And also the hours you work has no relation to accounting systems. They still have to count numbers for resource planning and budgets. Do you think someone is going to put the time you work in every day? Now that would wind you up. It's a professional working day because you can flex the time regardless what is on the system. The fact you can't even understand these basics questions the whole word professional in any of your posts.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 6 December 2017, 09:06.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Mine is per working day. No set time

In the office with contractors they’re in by 8.30/8.45 out by 5.15/5.30 so at least 8 hours with maybe 30 min lunch, quite a few doing 40 hours

In the channel isles it’s 9/9.15 - 4.45/5. God forbid anyone is there after 5.

I tend so sit in between the two for flexibility. I worked until 10 last night and started at 6am this morning finishing at 4 as I have a big presentation on Thursday. Everyone else will only work in core hours. Swings and roundabouts
    +1.

Generally I start around 8 and finish by 4:30.

Sometimes more, sometimes less, it depends on what I have to do.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Just because you don't like the response, doesn't mean it's not true
    Ah yes but most of the stuff in NLUKS head is a world where hes the head honcho consultant who knows it all and I'm 1st line desktop support helpdesk.

Not sure what he does but Im afraid I've never done 1st line support ever I'm afraid. At least if I'm going to get abuse then have some truth in it.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    If the op's end client has not specified hours, it sounds like a form-filling exercise, and will likely be ignored.
    At my current client, the end client said start at 8:30 am - I never have.
    Never trust an agency though. If after 8 months someone at client or agency wants to change from pwd with no hours listed to hours listed then I;m a bit wary.
    Last edited by psychocandy; 6 December 2017, 09:53.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Whos going to play me? Tom Cruise?
    Linda Lovelace.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

If you really feel the need to abuse some one else to make yourself feel good, then crack on. Doing my bit for the nluk community.
    Just because you don't like the response, doesn't mean it's not true

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You are a BAU monkey working inside IR35 at a public sector client. PWD doesn't exist.

But feel free to moan about something that's totally irrelevant.Makes you look dead professional it does.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X