• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Snowflake Britain

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Snowflake Britain"

Collapse

• fatboyslim
    replied
    Well, most of us do not have time to stand ground, assess/investigate the situation and take necessary action, in such environment. Its perfectly normal to panic and try to flee.
    Even police wants us to run (run-hide-tell)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

FFS I pop out to do some shopping in the sales, some bloke call's my mate a poof and the next thing they evacuate the shopping centre.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Here we go again.

Stratford's Westfield shopping centre is evacuated | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...lves-in-police

Has the UK lost any sense of proportion?
    If you want to see a bunch of entitled whiners, who want to take without contributing, complaining about how unfair life is to them, try this Snowflake Britain.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Fake attack in London much more newsworthy than incredibly deadly one in Egypt, decides media

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Good to know the police have released the guys who had a punch up on the platform with no charges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42130611
    Last edited by SueEllen; 26 November 2017, 16:09.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Someone punched someone and it caused as much panic as the blitz.....

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Chinese whispers amplified by social media in an age of paranoia and mistrust.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Maybe it was due to the fake Daily Mail and right winger tweets that caused a lot of panic, i.e.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Child#2 got caught up in this. She works in the area and travels home from Oxford Circus. She was walking to the station, and there were a crowd of people running towards her, and the police shouting "get out of the area and get inside". All the buildings had locked their doors, so there was no "inside". I guess it only takes one or two people to start a panic. Fortunately this time everything was fine.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are aware that central London has loads of tourists?

Most Londoners and those who commute in from the rest of the SE avoid tourist places like Oxford Circus as much as they can.
    Fair point. Almost all of the "eyewitnesses" seemed to be tourists, and when I worked close to Oxford Circus I used to walk to Green Park to get the tube, as it was far less unpleasant.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are aware that central London has loads of tourists?.
    House of Lords is full of them.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You are aware that central London has loads of tourists?

Most Londoners and those who commute in from the rest of the SE avoid tourist places like Oxford Circus as much as they can.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Lost?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X