• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "circumcision without both parents consent"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yes, I don't think this is widely known - I only picked up on it through references in TV shows taking it for granted.

Although is it really completely without religious influence, or due to the large Jewish population and influence in American society?

Sheep mentality - I watched some Youtube video on it and apparently because a guy is circumcised and doesn't think it is a problem, he gets his son done.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Americans are routinely circumcised, with no ritualistic or religious undertones.
    Yes, I don't think this is widely known - I only picked up on it through references in TV shows taking it for granted.

Although is it really completely without religious influence, or due to the large Jewish population and influence in American society?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

And what about Morris dancing?
    Morris dancing should be banned. A few Eastern European countries do a similar dance with similar costumes but miles better.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    That is where life gets very difficult. Suppose you have 2 parents who are getting divorced(unlikely I know but bear with me).

The child will be used(by the mother) to blackmail the father. Well, the man she is married to who is possibly not the father - 1 in 7 DNA tests find the man is not.
    If the child was born within wedlock the man she was married to at the time is legally the child's father.

In regards to male and FGM they aren't compatible - you seem to have a problem getting this into your head may be you need to see photos -, plus there are countries in Asia e.g. Malaysia, Singapore, that take part in the sick practice of FGM.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No. All rituals should be banned. Including secular ones. You can't be too careful.
    How about the ritual dance the mods do before banning someone?

And what about Morris dancing?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Whoosh.........

I am questioning whether rituals should be allowed.

God you are thick.

Missing sassy already?
    No. All rituals should be banned. Including secular ones. You can't be too careful.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I indeed to forgot your long-standing cretinism.
    You couldn't make it up.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    But medics who do this without checking both parents have given consent really need locking up in my view, its outrageous
    That is where life gets very difficult. Suppose you have 2 parents who are getting divorced(unlikely I know but bear with me).

The child will be used(by the mother) to blackmail the father. Well, the man she is married to who is possibly not the father - 1 in 7 DNA tests find the man is not.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The thing you have to understand, Brillo, is that when you type a message, your tone of voice and facial expression cannot be determined, so if you type:

..it will be interpreted either on its own terms, or within the context of your long-standing misogyny. So don't be surprised if it is taken as a straight rhetorical question without any consideration that you may be attempting some clumsy irony
    I indeed to forgot your long-standing cretinism.

I love most women. Apart from the ones I married....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    I am not back-peddaling. Just repeating what I said first time for the hard of understanding.
    The thing you have to understand, Brillo, is that when you type a message, your tone of voice and facial expression cannot be determined, so if you type:

Maybe the African ritual(ancient and modern) of FGM should be allowed?
    ..it will be interpreted either on its own terms, or within the context of your long-standing misogyny. So don't be surprised if it is taken as a straight rhetorical question without any consideration that you may be attempting some clumsy irony

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Worse than a night in the Thistle Hotel, Heathrow?
    Alright get the razor and some salty hot oil..

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    I am not back-peddaling. Just repeating what I said first time for the hard of understanding.

IMO it should be banned except for medical reasons. Until the person concerned can give their own consent.

Stuff the sky-fairy nonsense.
    Agreed

But medics who do this without checking both parents have given consent really need locking up in my view, its outrageous

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Americans are routinely circumcised, with no ritualistic or religious undertones.

I'm fact, one of the severed foreskins was recently elected President.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied

IMO it should be banned except for medical reasons. Until the person concerned can give their own consent.

I can see that - it's a fair argument. I can also see the counter-argument.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So now you're back-pedalling. I respect that.

I don't think FGM should be allowed. I am also questioning around male infant circumcision. I can't make my mind up on that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X